10 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I'd be worried about having eye surgery done too, since if they fuck up, you're blind. I can put eye drops in fine, but I can't touch my eyes. I've never even attempted contacts, only glasses.

Ah crap I didn't even think about them fucking up! I just can't deal with the thought of your eye being vacuumed out of your socket a bit and then the whole using fine needles to lift the lenses off your eyes to replace with new ones. Especially since I make a living by how I see things lol.

I loooooved wearing contacts. I wish I still could. Unfortunately my allergies have gotten so bad where I can't wear them anymore. Glasses forever!

4 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

That is one of the real questions she has because she has been night blind and stationary after sunset for most of her life unless being taken somewhere. And I totally get you about having surgery as you get older. I do not look forward to having my pacemaker unit replaced in my mid 40's....It hurt like hell at 27, not sure what to expect at 45 :(

Oh my gosh I had no idea you had a pacemaker. Here I am complaining about a borderline (but mostly medical) cosmetic surgery and you have to have another painful procedure like that. :( I'm sorry. I'm just trying to get my boobs chopped off, lol.

1 minute ago, futures said:

Oh my gosh I had no idea you had a pacemaker. Here I am complaining about a borderline (but mostly medical) cosmetic surgery and you have to have another painful procedure like that. :( I'm sorry. I'm just trying to get my boobs chopped off, lol.

Anytime they want you to go to sleep and then they pull out the cutting implements, nothing good is coming at first... 

3 minutes ago, futures said:

Ah crap I didn't even think about them fucking up! I just can't deal with the thought of your eye being vacuumed out of your socket a bit and then the whole using fine needles to lift the lenses off your eyes to replace with new ones. Especially since I make a living by how I see things lol.

I loooooved wearing contacts. I wish I still could. Unfortunately my allergies have gotten so bad where I can't wear them anymore. Glasses forever!

Haha, don't mean to scare you if you need it done, but the possibility is always there. Thankfully my eyes are not very bad, just enough to need glasses. My mom's eyes are horrible, and she will need surgery at some point too. I'm hoping my eye genes are from my dads, since his are fine other then glasses.

How long do pacemaker's last Jason? Will you have to get another after the next one? Hopefully they've improved a ton, so you won't have any issues that point forward.

5 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Anytime they want you to go to sleep and then they pull out the cutting implements, nothing good is coming at first... 

I agree with you there for sure. Most of me cannot wait to have this literal weight lifted off of me, but then there's part of me thats like "are you sure you can't live with them??" Then I think about how much better / more comfy it'll be to pick out a wedding dress without having to worry about boobage lol.

5 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Haha, don't mean to scare you if you need it done, but the possibility is always there. Thankfully my eyes are not very bad, just enough to need glasses. My mom's eyes are horrible, and she will not surgery at some point too. I'm hoping my eye genes are from my dads, since his are fine other then glasses.

At this point I'm good, I can still see with my glasses. I have lattice in the back of my eyes which give me little flashes of white in the corners of my eyes sometimes, but other than that my eye dr says i'm healthy in that dept.

1 minute ago, futures said:

I agree with you there for sure. Most of me cannot wait to have this literal weight lifted off of me, but then there's part of me thats like "are you sure you can't live with them??" Then I think about how much better / more comfy it'll be to pick out a wedding dress without having to worry about boobage lol.

At this point I'm good, I can still see with my glasses. I have lattice in the back of my eyes which give me little flashes of white in the corners of my eyes sometimes, but other than that my eye dr says i'm healthy in that dept.

That's good, hopefully it never comes to that. I love glasses, so I've never bothered trying contacts.

Good luck with the other stuff, since I'm sure that surgery is not very fun either.

1 minute ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Yep... if you are a fan of Radiohead and don't do deluxe,  you have to question your logic. 

I'm a fan and didn't because a bonus disc with one new song doesn't seem worth it. The only other interesting piece is the master tape slice...$60 and I'd do it, but $87 is too much for how much I spend regularly.

1 minute ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Yep... if you are a fan of Radiohead and don't do deluxe,  you have to question your logic. 

I'd never pay more than $15 for a Radiohead album, soo.. good thing I'm not ;-) for real though, Kid A and In Rainbows is enough Radiohead for me.

2 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I'm a fan and didn't because a bonus disc with one new song doesn't seem worth it. The only other interesting piece is the master tape slice...$60 and I'd do it, but $87 is too much for how much I spend regularly.

As someone who passed on the others and tracked the others down in the secondary market... you will kick yourself as I did.

Or might kick yourself

14 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

OK Computer is the single most overrated album of a decade full of them.

Fuck OK Computer. Only Radiohead album I own is In Rainbows because my ex swiped a copy for me from Starbucks when she worked there. I do like it a lot though.

I'd buy The Bends if it was like $10

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic