3 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I haven't worked since January 6 2015. I screwed up my wrist at work and had to get surgery. Now the Dr is telling me I need to start looking for a new occupation, because I lost half the movement in my wrist.  Oh yeah, and I may need yet another surgery on my wrist, with another 1 year recovery time. Seriously?

That's super shitty. What was your job before?

2 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I enjoy having to walk for some meetings. It gets me moving.

I like walking, but don't do it nearly enough. I should start more. Walking here is not always the safest thing though.... since no one walks here, unless you're downtown.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I somehow managed to lose my copy of mewithoutYou - AB Life and I want to cry.

I'm sorry, that does suck. The price on the used market is insane for mwY stuff.

5 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I haven't worked since January 6 2015. I screwed up my wrist at work and had to get surgery. Now the Dr is telling me I need to start looking for a new occupation, because I lost half the movement in my wrist.  Oh yeah, and I may need yet another surgery on my wrist, with another 1 year recovery time. Seriously?

I totally sympathize with you pal. September will make 3 years I have been out of work thanks to my seizures activity, and the only way for me to regain my license or normal working function would be to go 6 months or more without a seizure, and that's nearly impossible seeing as I have them multiple times per week if not multiple times in a day sometimes. I certainly didn't see myself having such issues at such a young age

Looks like the Korn book will be back to the guy today so I should get my money back soon. I mistyped the last two digits of the tracking # in paypal so I have to call back today (08 instead of 80) so fuck that but at least it's almost done. I'll file a police report even though I doubt it'll go anywhere because it'll show up as a pending felony (attempted mail fraud/mail fraud) so even if it goes nowhere it'll at least fuck with the guy for a bit for wasting so much of my time/energy/return shipping cost.

1 hour ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Looks like the Korn book will be back to the guy today so I should get my money back soon. I mistyped the last two digits of the tracking # in paypal so I have to call back today (08 instead of 80) so fuck that but at least it's almost done. I'll file a police report even though I doubt it'll go anywhere because it'll show up as a pending felony (attempted mail fraud/mail fraud) so even if it goes nowhere it'll at least fuck with the guy for a bit for wasting so much of my time/energy/return shipping cost.

Good news man. Bit of a saga!

I went through 6 full months of Physical Therapy, then another 3 months of "Job Conditioning". The JC was actually heavy PT. They had my carrying 65lbs+ in a crate up/down stairs, pushing a football sled with 130lbs+, deadlifting 65lbs+ from the ground to over my head with the weights in a wooden crate. I lost 50% of all movement in my wrist, and it's never coming back,

No more Basketball, driving range, I couldn't drive my summer car last year (5 speed), I can't even turn a doorknob without dropping my shoulder to turn the knob further.

I have been doing office installation for over 16 years now. This can be everything from carrying full size antique desks up narrow/steep stairways in downtown Boston, or something as simple as building a mockup for a client to view.  For the last few years, I've been a foreman, so I really wasn't doing much of the manual labor anymore. It was real easy money (good money too).

2 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I totally sympathize with you pal. September will make 3 years I have been out of work thanks to my seizures activity, and the only way for me to regain my license or normal working function would be to go 6 months or more without a seizure, and that's nearly impossible seeing as I have them multiple times per week if not multiple times in a day sometimes. I certainly didn't see myself having such issues at such a young age

I am sorry to hear of your struggles and really hope you can get your license back in the near future.

Growing up, my neighbor had epilepsy and would have frequent seizures. As a result, he lost his license as we got old enough to drive.  He now is taking Marijuana (on a Dr recommendation). He doesn't smoke it. It's a tincture, and he puts a few drops under his tongue. His seizures have dwindled since he has started and he's had his license back for a few years now.

Edited by vinyl addict

38 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Job fell through.

Ex girlfriends told my girlfriend a ton of bullshit.

Now I'm single.

So no longer moving.

This is why alcohol was created.

Oh shit my dude. I'll be around if you wanna text me. I have work soon but I'll do my best to be around. Plus I'll be up late. 

Know I'm only 16 so probably not your first choice but you've listened to be bitch and vent before so I figured I'd at least offer. Plus we're at least somewhat cool now so even if you wanna pretend life didn't happen we can still fuck around

Edited by Issei Hyoudou

44 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Job fell through.

Ex girlfriends told my girlfriend a ton of bullshit.

Now I'm single.

So no longer moving.

This is why alcohol was created.

Damn dude, I'm sorry. You got my number if you need anything. My Austin move got moved back a bit, but you're welcome to join me there if you want when it happens.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic