16 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Can you have olive oil and garlic? If so, put a bit of olive oil in a pan, and heat some garlic in it (I also add red pepper flakes and pepper). Once the garlic heats up enough to add flavor to it, take it off the heat (burnt garlic is the worst). Mix it in with the pasta and eat. It's so fucking good.

I hate olive oil more than anything with pasta, and I'm not particularly fond of garlic either. Guess I'm kinda picky on top of being allergic :/

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

There should be a probation system for shit that doesn't quite warrant a ban. Sometimes you gotta put people in a time out.

That's what the temporary suspensions are for.

Sadly though...some people are just too dumb to learn their lesson and still act a fool when they return. Which actually makes the process of weeding out easier.

And coincidently...it's a pretty good album too...

SST037_750x750.jpg

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

That's what the temporary suspensions are for.

Sadly though...some people are just too dumb to learn their lesson and still act a fool when they return. Which actually makes the process of weeding out easier.

Oh shit I didn't even realize we had temp suspensions.

5 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I hate olive oil more than anything with pasta, and I'm not particularly fond of garlic either. Guess I'm kinda picky on top of being allergic :/

Well, there goes that idea. It's so damn good though :(.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

There's no such thing as too much garlic

Agreed.

57 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I just get a kick out of "fuck jazz" followed by "I just got my Caspian records" cause the whole genre of post-rock was created by rock musicians looking for inspiration in jazz

That's why Talk Talk's 'Laughing Stock' was my gateway drug from post rock to anything jazz-related. It's still nothing I dug deep into, but I enjoy a lot of slow and gloomy dark jazz, but that's a fairly modern thing. I have a couple Miles Davis, Coltrane and Mobley records I put on every once in a while, but I never felt yet the excitement to explore the genre beyond that. 

18 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

@llamaface

You've successfully isolated a quote which  perfectly portrays how uninteresting my life is :lol:

I was trying to find a good gif of Tom Haverford talking about shapes, but nothing felt right. Anyway, that's all I could think of. I just love thinking about choosing between wagon wheels or triangles instead of tacos or pizza. :D

15 minutes ago, llamaface said:

I was trying to find a good gif of Tom Haverford talking about shapes, but nothing felt right. Anyway, that's all I could think of. I just love thinking about choosing between wagon wheels or triangles instead of tacos or pizza. :D

Dude, the wheels are awesome...haven't had them in a while. I think I'll stop at the store tomorrow night and grab some,

Anyone ever go to a chain dental place? My normal dentist is booked until July, and I want to get a clean and have my tongue looked at since it still feels weird sometimes even though I don't see anything on it. I can go to Aspen Dental next week, and first time patients get a free clean and x-ray their first visit. Wondering if they are worth it or not.

3 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

That's why Talk Talk's 'Laughing Stock' was my gateway drug from post rock to anything jazz-related. It's still nothing I dug deep into, but I enjoy a lot of slow and gloomy dark jazz, but that's a fairly modern thing. I have a couple Miles Davis, Coltrane and Mobley records I put on every once in a while, but I never felt yet the excitement to explore the genre beyond that. 

have you checked out Charles Mingus "Black Saint and the Sinner Lady"?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic