2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

So I've "had" my promotion for the last month and they're dragging their feet about making it "official"

The big boss even told me the job is mine and was supposed to have the meeting about it last week. Starting to get pissed about it.

3oEdv22bKDUluFKkxi.gif

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

So I've "had" my promotion for the last month and they're dragging their feet about making it "official"

The big boss even told me the job is mine and was supposed to have the meeting about it last week. Starting to get pissed about it.

I've dealt with this before, not myself, but when I was a GM for Papa Johns where they would promote an insider to a shift runner and make them do the work but would drag their feet about kicking their raise into their paychecks in any sort of timely manner. A lot of "It'll show in your next check" promises cost me some good workers too 

I've been patient because nothing is actually going to change because I've basically been supervising the department for a year already. Now I'll just have more "official" authority. I'm holding off on the only new job duty (placing orders) until I'm officially in charge.

They bought themselves another week of patience because the base pay for the position would have only been a 30 cent raise but they claim they're going to give me another $1.63. Not great but better than nothing.

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've been patient because nothing is actually going to change because I've basically been supervising the department for a year already. Now I'll just have more "official" authority. I'm holding off on the only new job duty (placing orders) until I'm officially in charge.

They bought themselves another week of patience because the base pay for the position would have only been a 30 cent raise but they claim they're going to give me another $1.63. Not great but better than nothing.

Hopefully it works out soon for you Bruce, it seems like they've been dicking you around for a while on it.

Edit: On John's advice, I'm ordering a KAB EV-1 tonight. I can't wait to properly clean some records.

Edited by Thomas³

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Edit: On John's advice, I'm ordering a KAB EV-1 tonight. I can't wait to properly clean some records.

On your advice, getting that Modi is costing me a fortune because now I'm replacing speakers too lol. It really did open up my ear range as to how weak certain parts of my system are so it makes the "what should I upgrade first" question easier to figure out on my own for sure

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

On your advice, getting that Modi is costing me a fortune because now I'm replacing speakers too lol. It really did open up my ear range as to how weak certain parts of my system are so it makes the "what should I upgrade first" question easier to figure out on my own for sure

Haha, gotta love when the upgrade bug hits. My next purchase is a higher end stylus for my Grado.

what a heavy night. my neighbor who is a quiet old man who sits on his porch just looking off at things, pulled the plug on his son who OD'd after suffering many years of PTSD from serving in the Middle East. he was in a coma and decided it was time. his son lived there, met him a few times. I'd never spoken a word to this man but I went over to offer condolences. he fed me beer after beer not saying a word. we sat, watched the dozens of plains fly by and I left. 

35 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

what a heavy night. my neighbor who is a quiet old man who sits on his porch just looking off at things, pulled the plug on his son who OD'd after suffering many years of PTSD from serving in the Middle East. he was in a coma and decided it was time. his son lived there, met him a few times. I'd never spoken a word to this man but I went over to offer condolences. he fed me beer after beer not saying a word. we sat, watched the dozens of plains fly by and I left. 

yowzas. That's tough.

yeah. it was intense. our client deals heavy in K9s For Warriors and I wish I would have known. the success rate is pretty high. I've seen some of the soldiers become like carefree children and the bond will never break. 

he said no service. no wake. no nothing. my glasses kept fogging up from the humidity so that tinkering kept me busy so the old timer didn't feel forced to talk. they moved here for the VA but they never got him the treatment he needed. dude wasn't even 35. 

1 hour ago, abovetheearth said:

yeah. it was intense. our client deals heavy in K9s For Warriors and I wish I would have known. the success rate is pretty high. I've seen some of the soldiers become like carefree children and the bond will never break. 

he said no service. no wake. no nothing. my glasses kept fogging up from the humidity so that tinkering kept me busy so the old timer didn't feel forced to talk. they moved here for the VA but they never got him the treatment he needed. dude wasn't even 35. 

Do you guys have a national cemetery nearby? I would maybe suggest dad getting him taken up there and at least have military honors. It'll give him some closure, and be a nice tribute to his son, who whether or not he ended up just being a drug addict still meant something to the old guy. As long as the kid was never convicted of a felony or sexual offense, and was discharged honorably he should be eligible. It'll help him out with costs too since national cemetery spot is free, as well as the outer burial container if he goes that route.

7 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

Damn, that is quite the heavy evening.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Do you guys have a national cemetery nearby? I would maybe suggest dad getting him taken up there and at least have military honors. It'll give him some closure, and be a nice tribute to his son, who whether or not he ended up just being a drug addict still meant something to the old guy. As long as the kid was never convicted of a felony or sexual offense, and was discharged honorably he should be eligible. It'll help him out with costs too since national cemetery spot is free, as well as the outer burial container if he goes that route.

Very good suggestion.

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

yeah, we have two. They are incredible. ill speak to him about that, thanks. i feel he needs to have something.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic