9 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've been eating pretty much nothing but grilled ham and cheese this week. Yup. Delicious.

I'm into that. I'm going to a dinner party tonight at Lincoln on N Williams. The chef there and the chef from Salt and Straw are doing an 8 course meal pairing an ice cream with every course. There's talk of fried chicken ice cream. I'm fucking excited.

4 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

I'm into that. I'm going to a dinner party tonight at Lincoln on N Williams. The chef there and the chef from Salt and Straw are doing an 8 course meal pairing an ice cream with every course. There's talk of fried chicken ice cream. I'm fucking excited.

Hoooooly crap. That sounds wonderful.

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

It sounds like John should be your +1, even if you can't bring anyone Brian. Fried chicken ice cream sounds interesting, and something I would certainly try paired together. I expect some delicious pictures later.

Oh fuck yeah. I'd love to bring John. Only way I got to go is one of my good friends girlfriend is the chef at Lincoln. Tickets sold out for it in the first day and they managed to grab me one. Will be some tasty pics to come ;)

25 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Oh fuck yeah. I'd love to bring John. Only way I got to go is one of my good friends girlfriend is the chef at Lincoln. Tickets sold out for it in the first day and they managed to grab me one. Will be some tasty pics to come ;)

Nice. Sounds like a good time. I need to start looking for a plan ticket soon for Caspian, before it sells out or something. I'm pretty sure my job will be done by then, so should have plenty of time off for a Portland visit.

Edited by Thomas³

2 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Damn right you would! I'm a hell of a date.

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I enjoy Brand New enough...I don't think I could ever go see them live though. Most of their fanbase...woof.

Some dude I went to high school with was SUPER excited on Facebook. Like "OMG why are we important enough to get this amazing show?!?!"

I almost commented "Dude, they've been playing shows here CONSISTENTLY literally the entire time they've been a band. You were just too busy calling emo kids 'fags' in high school to notice" 

So that's a pretty good indication of how shitty the crowd is gonna be.

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

Jesus is actually, and that's unfortunate because it's a terrible song

It's like it's the last song they had to write to complete the album, recorded one little riff, and they guitar player fucked off and wouldn't come back so they said "fuck it, we're BN, they'll eat that shit up anyway" and just looped it. so damn boring

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Not sure. I'll see what they have downstairs. My go to is usually a calzone, but I'm not sure if I feel like one today. You?

probably a Sub or BBQ sandwich with mac n cheese...not really feeling fast food as my choices are only hardees, sonic or mcdonalds which is the worst.

I want Mac and Cheese, that sounds really good today. They sometimes have it downstairs, but not very often. I'm not feeling fast food either, but my options are Rallies, Taco Bell, Wendys, Arbys or McDonalds. The problem is my lunch is only 30 minutes and with all the construction in the area it'd be cutting it close just picking it up, so I rarely go get lunch. The cafeteria is actually like a real restaurant more than cafeteria food.

Looking at the menu I'm debating the "moroccan turkey meatball bake with swiss chard, couscous and carrots".

Edited by Thomas³

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic