54 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Oh damn. I'll see what I can do. Might be some near me.

37 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'll call in the morning. 

Thanks, let me know. I'll buy someone an in print record or something but will at least cover gas if you don't want anything else. Appreciate it.

There were two shooters at my local mall yesterday. No one was hit but the mall was on lockdown for like 10 hours while they looked for the shooters (didn't find them). 2 shooters who hit no one and fled the scene immediately means it was most likely gang related.

Someone on my Facebook feed was there and made a post that contained "Huge thanks to the employees at The Gap for being trained to handle an active shooter situation." Think about that...we live in a world where the kids making like $9/hr at the fucking Gap are trained to deal with an active shooter situation.

Who wants to come help me finish raking my yard? I worked for a few hours Saturday, all day yesterday and probably have an hour or two worth to do tonight. The giant tree in my backyard decided to drop all it's leaves at once, so the yard was covered in 3-4 inches of leaves. It took forever. For some reason my neighborhood is one of the first this year for the city leaf pick up, so I need to done tonight since they are collecting tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Who wants to come help me finish raking my yard? I worked for a few hours Saturday, all day yesterday and probably have an hour or two worth to do tonight. The giant tree in my backyard decided to drop all it's leaves at once, so the yard was covered in 3-4 inches of leaves. It took forever. For some reason my neighborhood is one of the first this year for the city leaf pick up, so I need to done tonight since they are collecting tomorrow.

In the same boat! Four giant maple trees just dropped a bunch this past week, and spent what felt like forever cleaning the yard (and yet there are still quite a few that have dropped since). My favorite part is that my neighbor blew them back into my yard as if it's my responsibility to make sure the trees on the property's edge don't drop their leaves over her fence

Admittedly, it was pretty fun jumping into the big piles after I got most of it done :D 

5 minutes ago, chkadea said:

In the same boat! Four giant maple trees just dropped a bunch this past week, and spent what felt like forever cleaning the yard (and yet there are still quite a few that have dropped since). My favorite part is that my neighbor blew them back into my yard as if it's my responsibility to make sure the trees on the property's edge don't drop their leaves over her fence

Admittedly, it was pretty fun jumping into the big piles after I got most of it done :D 

Dick move by your neighbor. I'd say a quarter of the leaves are from my neighbors tree that overhangs my driveway, and it has not dropped even half it's leaves yet. It just sucks it'll be dark tonight by the time I get home, so have to clean the remaining leaves up in the dark.

And yes, even as an adult, jumping in leaves is fun.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic