Now that I think about it wouldn't most of their albums have to be double lps if the bonus tracks were on there? I would think definitely. Wouldn't that also make a boxset overly expensive? That'd be 12 lps just for their main albums

I'd buy it, it would kill me but I couldn't not do it. They mean too much to me. I'd settle for just mmhmm though, everything else is icing on the cake. I really want Birds and B-Sides too as that is one of my favorites of theirs but beggars can't be choosers and that likely won't end up in a boxset... 

hahaha, your loss

Perfect response.

We have a "communication log" at work where we all write down our significant feats for the day, and also elaborate if additional / extrinsic tasks need to be completed or passed on to another coworker.  In the months I've used it, I can't count the number of times I've found myself shaking my head in shame.  Full-on adults - 27 to 30 years old - using witch instead of which, isle instead of aisle (the most common), mantince for maintenance, and with zero comprehension of how to use they're / there / their.  One of the girls got into some friendly banter with me, one day, and I ridiculed one of her preposterous misspellings.  Her justification was something along the lines of "Well, not everyone cares as much as you.  I'm not going to keep track of when to use "too" or "to" when I'm just writing chicken-scratch."  I'm hardly a grammar snob... but it gets a little ridiculous.  Point at hand: I will never cease to marvel at how little (most) people care about English or literacy.  It pains me to admit that all of those associates earn significantly more than I.  Granted, it's a part-time gig for me (and not a job I particularly care to excel at), it's still depressing to think that you can technically slack off and disregard your K-12 English courses if you kiss enough ass at work.  Who needs an education or work ethic when you can bullshit your way into a comfy position?

I ventured away from your Facebook nugget.  Sorry about that.

Granted Granite, it's a part-time gig for me (and not a job I particularly care to excel at), it's still depressing to think that you can technically slack off and disregard your K-12 English courses if you kiss enough ass at work.  

Fixed.

this same girl, a childhood friend of the wifes...also said the following things recently:

(had snow last week, roads were caked)

"man, your tired get good contraction in the snow"

"what?"

"you know, hardly any sliding"

"oh yeah"

a few months ago all of us were driving by a construction site:

"wow, thats a big skyscraper"

"where?"

"right there!"

(it was a crane.)

I'd buy it, it would kill me but I couldn't not do it. They mean too much to me. I'd settle for just mmhmm though, everything else is icing on the cake. I really want Birds and B-Sides too as that is one of my favorites of theirs but beggars can't be choosers and that likely won't end up in a boxset... 

Yeah, I don't think I could pass it up either but I just wonder how many would actually buy it. Cause let's say that the 6 full length albums would be ~$20 (since they'd probably be 2 LPs each), so that's $120. Apathetic could get pressed on one LP, maybe even a 10 inch, that be ~$10-$15. And then The Birds and the B-Sides and Is For Karaoke(both parts)... probably another $20 each. That'd be right around $175, now I know that those prices may be a little high, but just judging off most releases nowadays, I can't think of it being much lower. Also I know that's not terribly expensive, considering most boxsets like NOFX and DCFC are >$200. 

I don't even know why I thought about that so much. I guess just even thinking about it made me happy haha. Maybe one day it'll happen, one can only dream.  :rolleyes:

I'm going for 6 months no booze. Which might explain why I'm up at 9:30 a.m. On a Sunday morning. I always thought I was pretty damn smooth while drunk but being around all my wasted friends last night makes me think differently. I feel everyone's pain here.

I always drank when I played to make me less nervous, but I think it actually may have made me more nervous and self conscious. It was kind of cool whn people would compliment me or make Dylan comparisons, but it's tough to take a compliment from someone that looks like your drunk uncle at the holidays.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic