I was supposed to start getting ready for work about 30 minutes ago...then I looked at the temperature and decided the only guarantee of my survival involves never leaving bed.

I'm with you. Class starts at 8 but there's a lot of snow and cold between me and class. I mean, I'll get there... eventually.

I prepared (it's hard to say "baked") those reindeer cut-n-bake cookies last night and learned just how awful our oven is.  It's really slow heating up, but once it gets there, it burns super quick.  Sooo my reindeers are a little crispy.

But once I am able to eat something, I will have one anyway with my morning coffee.

My employer (big financial company) basically halts work from this week until New Years. So we all come to work for about 30 hours a week, play nerf, bullshit around, and just stay out of trouble until our reviews mid-December, at which point we receive sweet bonuses. And I have 130 hours of vacation I need to burn before the new year.

Sometimes I hate my job. Other times I realize how easy I have it.

My employer (big financial company) basically halts work from this week until New Years. So we all come to work for about 30 hours a week, play nerf, bullshit around, and just stay out of trouble until our reviews mid-December, at which point we receive sweet bonuses. And I have 130 hours of vacation I need to burn before the new year.

That's a ton of vacation!  Does it get paid out at the end of the year if you don't use it?

Sometimes I hate my job. Other times I realize how easy I have it.

Your job, I want.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic