Ugh, I was suppose to be off by now but I have wait for the other bitch to come. She's always fucking late and and it's really annoying bale cause I can't leave until she's here

This reminds me of a few months back after Ultimate Frisbee a few of us went out for a few beers and one of the guys, who is a manage at an IHOP, texted in to the other manager that he'd be a few hours late.  The reason he used was that the Flux Capacitor in his car broke and he was waiting for the tow truck.  Best excuse ever.

I've been abstaining from meat for the last two weeks, and eating much less in general. Today I had some Chick Fil A and I'm shitting my brains out.

...I think I'll go back to being healthy again tomorrow. I hate supporting the meat industry but I was from a classic 80s "meat and potatoes" family, and my parents were lazy sacks of shit so Ihate most fruits and veggies. I can get down with free range chicken I guess.

Side note; ever since I was a kid I was always allowed to have an after dinner snack. I used to go through ice cream like no tomorrow. I stopped cold turkey and it felt awesome. I even had some last night and discovered I don't even like snacks anymore.

Side side note: cycling while fat sucks balls but every time I reach a hill, I think of it as payback for the abuse I did to my body. When I'm on my bike I want nothing more but to get off, and as soon as I kick my own ass (usually a 40 mile ride), I don't want to do anything but get back on. Funny how that works.

Bottom line: if you've got kids, pay attention to their dietary habits until the day they leave your house, give them some attention, and don't let them get fat.

Finally got my car to pass emissions! Other highilght of the day was I bought cheap Xbox 360s on Craigslist and traded them into Best Buy for more than I paid for them. Turned $210 cash into $500 in gift cards. Xbox One, here I come.

Today was great.

Finally got my car to pass emissions! Other highilght of the day was I bought cheap Xbox 360s on Craigslist and traded them into Best Buy for more than I paid for them. Turned $210 cash into $500 in gift cards. Xbox One, here I come.

Today was great.

That's an awesome store credit to cash ratio they got there!

Today was great.

wow im gonna see if i can do that at my best buy

I've been abstaining from meat for the last two weeks, and eating much less in general. Today I had some Chick Fil A and I'm shitting my brains out.

To my understanding, eating meat for the first time in a while will do that to you.  Probably doesn't help that it was fast food either.

Side side note: cycling while fat sucks balls but every time I reach a hill, I think of it as payback for the abuse I did to my body. When I'm on my bike I want nothing more but to get off, and as soon as I kick my own ass (usually a 40 mile ride), I don't want to do anything but get back on. Funny how that works.

My first couple weeks of riding a bike regularly were rough.  I'd get up the hill to my house and could barely walk when I got home.  I walked everywhere previously, so I assumed I was in at least decent shape.  I really doubt that was the case now.  The biggest problem I'm having now is that riding a bike in 35 degree weather is unpleasant.

Haha it's a little unpleasant but I'd much rather kick ass then sit on my ass. On the weekends I hit a nice desolate hard pack gravel trail in the woods so I have an opportunity to be by myself and think.

I didn't mention that I'm a bike nerd... I ride a singlespeed cross bike. I only got fat (gained 60+ lbs) in the span of like three years, and I used food as a crutch for other emotional issues. I know with some self discipline and hard work I can lose every pound I put on within a year, so I'm not crying too much. I'm mostly just shocked at how out of control my eating has been (and sad that nobody's been around to help reel me in).

1382310_10201245369594563_494820087_n.jp

It's a bit different now: Mavic Open Pros on Phil Wood high flange hubs; 3T ergonova bars with SRAM S900 levers; Avid Shorty Ultra cantis; new brake housing and lines.

Riding your bike up a hill is pure torture. Period.

Riding down on the other hand...

I never would have guessed Seattle would be so damn hilly when I moved here.  It's pretty, but sure as hell makes bike riding and walking a pain at times.  If I move again, I'm going to pick some place nice and flat!

I never would have guessed Seattle would be so damn hilly when I moved here. It's pretty, but sure as hell makes bike riding and walking a pain at times. If I move again, I'm going to pick some place nice and flat!

Driving there for the first time last summer was awful. I felt like I was going to roll back and hit the people behind me on each hill. I had to drive with two feet.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic