I was expecting a powdered sugar dusting of snow today. Instead the entire city of Dallas is shutting down.

I have spent my entire workday staring out the window.

I just had to talk to someone in Dallas, and they are thinking about shutting down their shop tomorrow already. You crazy Texans and not being able to handle snow. She did tell me a possible ice storm tomorrow, so that's understandable.

That, and they usually don't have plows/salt trucks/salt/etc.

Which is fine for us used to driving in it. Hell I made it through a bad winter once with bald tires (despite not being able to make it up a hill or two).

I think so. It probably gets really slick, like when you're driving on a fresh 1" to 2" when it isn't super cold and it makes that like, thin layer of sleety, slippery snow. Plus I don't think they have salt or sanders out either. 

But everybody down there weighs about 300 pounds more, so you think the extra weight in the car would help prevent fishtailing. 

There's not a terrible amount of accumulation but I can see the downtown roads from where I sit at work and multiple cars have needed to be pushed to get moving off the road. Accidents are on every highway. Half of my coworkers left hours ago.

We have salt trucks and they lay down chemicals that are supposed to break down the ice, but I don't think we were expecting this so the prep/salt trucks didn't do shit prior.

I have never understood people who don't understand their limits. Just don't drive. Get drunk at home. Take the bus. So many options that don't involve you ruining multiple lives.

I almost seriously harmed myself driving half sleep from work one night and it scared me badly. I couldn't imagine trying to focus drunk.

get to episode 3 yet?

Just finished EP 2. I was fucking ready to stand and clap at the end of that speech haha

I have never understood people who don't understand their limits. Just don't drive. Get drunk at home. Take the bus. So many options that don't involve you ruining multiple lives.

Speaking as Vinyl Collectives drunk driver. 

I never thought I'd drive drunk (.112), but then one night I get drunk and the well thought out plan set in place to prevent goes out the window.   From there it's just drunk decision making.  Which is far from logic.

Don't get me wrong, my experience hasn't changed my opinion on drunk drivers.  They are terrible human beings who deserve incredibly strict punishments, regardless of if they have hurt someone.

Speaking as Vinyl Collectives drunk driver.

I never thought I'd drive drunk, but then one night I get drunk and the well thought out plan set in place to prevent goes out the window. From there it's just drunk decision making. Which is far from logic.

Don't get me wrong, my experience hasn't changed my opinion on drunk drivers. They are terrible human beings who deserve incredibly strict punishments, regardless of if they have hurt someone.

What ever happened with that man? Big fine?

What ever happened with that man? Big fine?

Ended up about $6000 in the hole in fines and required couseling and classes.  On top of that I gave my car to the tow yard.  I was out of it for days after and just didn't know what I was doing.  Pretty sure I had a concussion. 

Got 7 months of Suspended Driving.  Was able to get an occupational which in Wisconsin is crazy leinient. 

Seriously though the required classes were such a joke.  At one point they brought in a speaker to talk to us about what can happen if you drive drunk.  He was a parapalegic in a wheelchair and lost fine motor skills in his hands.  The terrible part about it was he spent about half his time talking about how when we see him out drinking we should go up to him and tell him hes had to much.  He spent more time talking about how he isn't going to change his ways.

The teacher also talked to us "off the record" about drinking and driving smarter, because she knows everyone drinks and drive.  She does it every other Friday night.  The class was a joke, the teacher put the entire blame on society. 

I'm off to work now, but if you have any questions just ask them another time.  I'm open and bluntly honest about my mega fuck ups.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic