I'm starting to feel like I'll be the last person on the planet to watch BB.

I felt this way for the longest time, and decided to finally bite the bullet a couple of weeks ago.  If you're remotely into drama, give it a shot.  It's pretty different - in the best ways - from any show I've ever seen.

Keep going, don't stop.

On the contrary, I've actually been taking my time with it.  Notably because I'd like to have it last as long as I can.  About two episodes into S2, I told a friend about it and convinced her to give it a shot... and ended up re-watching everything with her.  It worked out nicely since I picked up on a few things that weren't made apparent (to me) on the first view.  Just wrapped up S2 last night and am very pleased so far.  I of course have the urge to just binge and watch it from the moment I get home until I fall asleep, but being only 5 seasons long I'm trying to milk it for all that it's worth.

I'm starting to feel like I'll be the last person on the planet to watch BB.

I haven't watched a single episode, so I'm with you. 

I'm not saying I never will. I just don't like watching TV as much. If I'm gonna relax, I want my sound to be a favourite record.

Ps. 100th post after nearly 6 months of posting lol

I would have loved to be able to do that, but I'm just one of those people. Are you watching it on Netflix? I haven't been able to get into anything good lately, besides the X-Files. Anyone got any recommendations?

Yeah, Netflix.  I've really been enjoying the fact that I don't have to "catch up" to actual episodes, and that I can pace the seasons as I see fit.  It's been nice.

And I feel you.  I'd cave pretty hard if it wasn't for work obligations, and the courtesy of "waiting" for others to watch the show with.  It's a pretty dark, heavy show (as you obviously know), so as much as I am down to watch four or five episodes back to back, my viewing buddies are usually up for just one or two.  There's always a cliffhanger ending, the black screen, and the credits, and they're like "Okay, well.  I think I'm good for now."  And I'm just restless.  (HOW CAN YOU NOT CARE WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?)

As far as recommendations.  It's a little explicit, but I dug Orange Is The New Black, if you haven't checked it out.  I guess it's a drama / comedy, though I'd say it leans on the drama side.  It's only one season in so far, so it won't hold you over for long.

I just don't like watching TV as much. If I'm gonna relax, I want my sound to be a favourite record.

Same boat.  Between commercials and having to "commit" to a block of time, I find that I never follow TV shows, and watch very little TV in all actuality.  Netflix is the way to go, though I've also torrented shows -- either the whole season when it's uploaded, or episode by episode as it's aired and ripped.  Sitting down with a show is very low on my list of things to do when I have free time.  And as such, a show has to be pretty good to warrant me sitting through multiple seasons of it.  And I'd say Breaking Bad is easily worth it.  (Though I'm only on season 3/5 at the moment.)

Congrats on the triple digits.

Same boat.  Between commercials and having to "commit" to a block of time, I find that I never follow TV shows, and watch very little TV in all actuality.  Netflix is the way to go, though I've also torrented shows -- either the whole season when it's uploaded, or episode by episode as it's aired and ripped.  Sitting down with a show is very low on my list of things to do when I have free time.  And as such, a show has to be pretty good to warrant me sitting through multiple seasons of it.  And I'd say Breaking Bad is easily worth it.  (Though I'm only on season 3/5 at the moment.)

Congrats on the triple digits.

I hear that. My friends swear by it. Couldn't even talk to these guys when it was on Sunday's i believe. Anyway, having access to all the episodes to watch at your discretion is key though.

I hear that. My friends swear by it. Couldn't even talk to these guys when it was on Sunday's i believe.

This is totally a thing.  I know it may sound rude, but I'm probably more annoyed when people try to talk over Breaking Bad than any other show I've ever seen.  The atmosphere of the show is just so intense and dramatic, and a lot of the show's charm lies within the delivery of dialogue.  Not only that, but the characters' lies and the story developments are so intricate that it can become very easy to get lost, if you miss parts and pieces of the dialogue.  I fully enforce the No Talking rule with it.

Yeah, Netflix. I've really been enjoying the fact that I don't have to "catch up" to actual episodes, and that I can pace the seasons as I see fit. It's been nice.

And I feel you. I'd cave pretty hard if it wasn't for work obligations, and the courtesy of "waiting" for others to watch the show with. It's a pretty dark, heavy show (as you obviously know), so as much as I am down to watch four or five episodes back to back, my viewing buddies are usually up for just one or two. There's always a cliffhanger ending, the black screen, and the credits, and they're like "Okay, well. I think I'm good for now." And I'm just restless. (HOW CAN YOU NOT CARE WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?)

As far as recommendations. It's a little explicit, but I dug Orange Is The New Black, if you haven't checked it out. I guess it's a drama / comedy, though I'd say it leans on the drama side. It's only one season in so far, so it won't hold you over for long.

It will keep you on edge the entire time. I always got frustrated because my friends would stop watching in the middle of the season and I'd have no one to discuss it with. Orange is the New Black was awesome, butt that cliffhanger was way too intense. I need that second season.

It will keep you on edge the entire time. I always got frustrated because my friends would stop watching in the middle of the season and I'd have no one to discuss it with. Orange is the New Black was awesome, butt that cliffhanger was way too intense. I need that second season.

Right?  It didn't occur to me how much I was enjoying OITNB until the season finale wrapped up, and I was craving a conclusion.  Way too many open doors and possibilities for the show to take, next season.

"Jesus Christ, Marie, they're minerals!" 

Is the only Breaking Bad line to ever matter. 

tumblr_myojatP2ix1s0l8gro1_500.jpg

Man.  I'd love some context with this.  Without too many any spoilers if possible.

This is totally a thing.  I know it may sound rude, but I'm probably more annoyed when people try to talk over Breaking Bad than any other show I've ever seen.  The atmosphere of the show is just so intense and dramatic, and a lot of the show's charm lies within the delivery of dialogue.  Not only that, but the characters' lies and the story developments are so intricate that it can become very easy to get lost, if you miss parts and pieces of the dialogue.  I fully enforce the No Talking rule with it.

Oh I understand the no talking rule… I mean that we would be together doing something, or an event would be going on and they'd flake on plans to watch it… I guess I just didn't understand

Oh I understand the no talking rule… I mean that we would be together doing something, or an event would be going on and they'd flake on plans to watch it… I guess I just didn't understand

Oh, yeah.  That too.  Having never watched The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, I quickly learned that nothing happens on Sunday night while those shows are airing.

I don't think there are any spoilers that go along with it, honestly? Hank just really loves collecting minerals and every time someone tries to tell him differently, he flips his lid. Gets me every time. 

I'd include clips, but I feel like certain aspects might give things away.

"Hank, they're just rocks."

"JESUS CHRIST, MARIE, THEY'RE MINERALS."

I don't think there are any spoilers that go along with it, honestly? Hank just really loves collecting minerals and every time someone tries to tell him differently, he flips his lid. Gets me every time. 

I'd include clips, but I feel like certain aspects might give things away.

"Hank, they're just rocks."

"JESUS CHRIST, MARIE, THEY'RE MINERALS."

Haha, if that's happened before Season 3, I must've missed it.  And I'd hardly consider that a spoiler for what it's worth.

I will say that the show is sprinkled with a very specific type of humor, and I really dig it.  The cheeky badgering in the DEA office can be a little campy, but there are some genuinely funny moments.  (Fuck you and your eyebrows!)  It hasn't happened yet, but I'm waiting for the infamous pizza on the roof...

Also. For those of you who've made it through season 2.

When Walt and Jesse get stranded in their RV, and Walt rattles off a list of items to gather to create a makeshift battery, and Jesse - with the utmost awe - asks if they're building a robot... I think that may be one of my favorite scenes yet.  Love it.

Sorry for cluttering up the general thread with BB chat.  I know that it has its own thread, but ever since I've gotten into the show, I've been avoiding that topic like the plague on the off-chance I'll even skim over a spoiler.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic