Today I learned 95% of influenza cases in Texas are the H1N1 virus; the swine flu. There's been a few deaths in the state already this season.

Pretty sure my boyfriend is recovering from this right now. Over the New Year holiday, he slept about 24 out of 36 hours.

Here's to hoping I don't get this. I've never had any kind of flu before.

My boss gave me a raise and a bonus today.

Congrats! That's so rad.

Today I learned 95% of influenza cases in Texas are the H1N1 virus; the swine flu. There's been a few deaths in the state already this season.

Pretty sure my boyfriend is recovering from this right now. Over the New Year holiday, he slept about 24 out of 36 hours.

Here's to hoping I don't get this. I've never had any kind of flu before.

Oh goodness, pick up some emergen-c and take at least two doses a day. I swear by that stuff. Good luck!

This was on the local news last night. When my brother told me about it he was almost in tears laughing so hard. An 11 year old girl was playing hide and seek and tried to hide in a washing machine. She got stuck, so her cousins tried rubbing different condiments on her trying to get her out of the machine.

http://www.kutv.com/news/features/local/stories/vid_5541.shtml

Excuse me while I become a big baby:

The show for tomorrow was already cancelled and it's looking like the bus lines are going to be shut down. I was really hoping for a good start to this year, especially after 2013 ended with a car crashing into my front porch. But nope, it's sounding a lot like spending my birthday alone. I feel dumb for being this upset about it but I've spent 19 out of my 20 birthdays miserable and I was hoping that I would still be able to salvage things even though I wouldn't be in Florida with my best friends. Life can be really shitty some times.

You are overthinking things. Go out with some friends (even if your best friends are out of state). Don't need a a big plan. Things will just turn awesome on your 21st on their own. It's a law of nature or something.

This was on the local news last night. When my brother told me about it he was almost in tears laughing so hard. An 11 year old girl was playing hide and seek and tried to hide in a washing machine. She got stuck, so her cousins tried rubbing different condiments on her trying to get her out of the machine.

Funny. Reminded me of this:

You are overthinking things. Go out with some friends (even if your best friends are out of state). Don't need a a big plan. Things will just turn awesome on your 21st on their own. It's a law of nature or something.

The snow is so bad, no one wants to drive in it and most my friends live at least an hour away. If things clear up, I have one friend who might make the trek and we'll just chill. The universe never cuts me a break with this stuff, it bums me out.

I'll be okay though.

Something similar happened to me when I was a kid...without the condiments. I was a perfect fit so I hid inside of this wooden chest in the basement, but when I got in the top fell and latched closed with me trapped inside. Of course I was "playing" hide and seek with my older brother which really meant he just wanted to get rid of me. My mom was vacuuming upstairs and it was probably 5 minutes before she heard me screaming. I had a big bruise on my back from pushing up on the top of the box trying to escape.

Yeah, I'm pretty claustrophobic today.

aw yeah.

Thanks! PS Happy birthday!!

Thanks!!!

I may be spending this party home alone but I received a gold heart necklace that says "swaggy."

That pretty much makes everything better.

Even though it's not the Remix Ignition locket I found that says "I'm like, so what I'm drunk?"

Poor kid, I'm glad she's okay, that was scary just to listen to.

I'm sure you can convince some folks here to Skype party with you. At least you won't be drinking alone. 

It'll be like partying in the future. 

I probably won't be drinking at all, but we should all definitely do this some time. 

The roads are starting to clear up, so my sister called out of work to take me to a fancy dinner. 

I'm definitely starting to lighten up about the entire situation. It still sucks but so much love coming from all over, it's hard to stay mad. 

Plus, someone actually made this photo and then posted it on my Facebook wall: 

1010609_10202848715089655_1667006565_n.j

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic