Mondo is doing an actual cassette run of the tape from Over the Garden Wall:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/08/exclusive-woo-your-high-school-sweetheart-with-wir.html

I'm pretty excited, even though I have a particular distaste for cassettes in general.

Take it to the Mondo or cassette thread, fool. Ain't nobody got time for that!

; )

Man, RFC records is really giving me a hard time about a replacement on that Whirr/Nothing split. They want a video of it playing, with sounds to verify it does not play right. The problem is it stylus jumps across a bunch of grooves when it hits the warp, and I'd rather not damage the stylus for a $20 record. Ugh.

Man, RFC records is really giving me a hard time about a replacement on that Whirr/Nothing split. They want a video of it playing, with sounds to verify it does not play right. The problem is it stylus jumps across a bunch of grooves when it hits the warp, and I'd rather not damage the stylus for a $20 record. Ugh.

make the vid, and post it on their social media accounts.  tell them they owe you a new stylus during the vid, after the skip  :D

seriously sounds like a terrible warp.  I probably wouldn't mess with it.  Were there not enough made for a swap out?

Wow? Seriously? That is a cheap record to begin with. If stuff like that is ever on Amazon with prime I go with that, cause their return process is so easy. None of this proof shit. Why would I lie? I want a replacement anyway. What's their deal? Have good CS and just swap it out. 

I sorta understand why they'd want proof I guess, but I'm not the type to ask for a replacement unless I really need it. I already sent a video of it spinning, but that was not enough. I normally feel really bad about asking for replacements, but this is sorta annoying.

I sorta understand why they'd want proof I guess, but I'm not the type to ask for a replacement unless I really need it. I already sent a video of it spinning, but that was not enough. I normally feel really bad about asking for replacements, but this is sorta annoying.

don't ever feel bad about trying to get what you paid for.  there would be no order in the world, HAH

Haha, thanks guys. I just feel bad, since most labels I buy from are just some dude probably losing out on pressing records, so I feel bad asking for another. This is not the worst warp I've seen, but I usually do ask for a replacement when it is unplayable. I can deal with a warped record that still plays fine.

Haha, thanks guys. I just feel bad, since most labels I buy from are just some dude probably losing out on pressing records, so I feel bad asking for another. This is not the worst warp I've seen, but I usually do ask for a replacement when it is unplayable. I can deal with a warped record that still plays fine.

Nah, RFC isn't like that. They're big enough to where they shouldn't question you, and you shouldn't feel bed. Just always be super nice about it (which I'm sure you are), and hopefully they are nice in return. They shouldn't have sent that record out to begin with. 

It's move-in week here for the college kids.  (IU)

I haven't been on my bike during the day, w good reason.  I was almost hit earlier, just for stepping out into the bike lane.  

A mom and her daughter thought I was waving them down, when I was waving at them to get out of DRIVING in the bike lane.  They were clueless.  I said, "do you see how that side of the street is empty? that's because this is a one way, w parking on one side of the street".  

Reply - "oh, whatever"  

Gave em the good ol peace sign, w the flick of the wrist middle finger right behind it.   My summer is over  :mellow:

It's move-in week here for the college kids.  (IU)

I haven't been on my bike during the day, w good reason.  I was almost hit earlier, just for stepping out into the bike lane.  

A mom and her daughter thought I was waving them down, when I was waving at them to get out of DRIVING in the bike lane.  They were clueless.  I said, "do you see how that side of the street is empty? that's because this is a one way, w parking on one side of the street".  

Reply - "oh, whatever"  

Gave em the good ol peace sign, w the flick of the wrist middle finger right behind it.   My summer is over  :mellow:

That's super shitty of them. People don't give a fuck about bikes.

I'm always overly nice in emails when it pertains to things like this. I guess I'll make the short video and hope it does not do anything to my stylus.

Damn, dude.

You should not have to risk your stylus for a replacement. They are making you jump through entirely too many hoops for a product under $20. 

Damn, dude.

You should not have to risk your stylus for a replacement. They are making you jump through entirely too many hoops for a product under $20. 

YUP!!!!

This.

You could always invent in a clamp when this shit happens, Thomas. Plus they look badass. 

Andit's not even $20, it's fucking $14.99 on Amazon shipped.

RFC needs to get their act together. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O0N8Z1Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=7ALY2VBADO5G&coliid=I2KXGXFU3VIUHB

Also, there is a dude at my work wearing a Technics shirt. All be it, a fellow enthusiast? 

I bet you see so many amazing shirts up there.  Your hipster ratio probably has us beat 4:1 based on population.  I think we have around 80k here.

edit:  not 80k in hipsters. sheesh

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic