Quite slow around here tonight. 

I've been rooting through my digital library for the past few hours while smoking a bowl or three... Ended up deleting around 51 gigs of stuff I forgot I had, don't listen to, or don't know how I got in the first place. Now that I got it slimmed down a bit, I can go about replacing these MP3's with high quality FLAC

I put together a personal storage server earlier this week.  Now I'm transferring all my media to it and doing other nerd shit with it.  Been ultra productive today, very unusual for a Saturday.

Nice. I've been want to build a server, or even a simple NAS to store all my media. Also want to set-up schedule back-ups to it weekly, since I like to get lazy. I'd still need to do a physical back-up for my off site storage though, but at least I'd only have to use a usb drive once.

Nice. I've been want to build a server, or even a simple NAS to store all my media. Also want to set-up schedule back-ups to it weekly, since I like to get lazy. I'd still need to do a physical back-up for my off site storage though, but at least I'd only have to use a usb drive once.

Mine was originally going to be a NAS, but I decided a full computer would work better for my needs.  Next step is to setup a nightly rsync to backup my music to an external HD on my work computer.  I'm hoping to land a cheap external on Black Friday since the one I have now seems to be on it's last legs.

I'm sure there will be some onsale either Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I need a few new ones too. My main one is probably dying too, or it's my computer. The last few times I've used it, it maxes out at 3mb/s. Takes forever.

some days I get the urge to just live in a van. (not down by the river)

just drive around different states. pull over, sleep and what not.

I think I'd enjoy that for a while.  Probably two or three months, maybe more.  Eventually though, I'd just want to go home.  Any time I take a trip that's longer that 6 days, I start to miss the comforts of home.  I guess you could make the van pretty comfortable though.

I think I'd enjoy that for a while. Probably two or three months, maybe more. Eventually though, I'd just want to go home. Any time I take a trip that's longer that 6 days, I start to miss the comforts of home. I guess you could make the van pretty comfortable though.

yeah. I'd want to for about 2 months. black the windows out and a front windshield curtain. completely unplugged. get a recharge on creativity and stuff.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic