My buddy was working there a few months ago and was part of cleaning up after someone committed suicide in the men's bathroom there. That place is the worstttt.

I forgot you told me about that! Yeah, there are like a million homeless people over there. I'd be afraid to clean up after anyone who killed themselves at that store.

Those house prices out there are insane. That is pretty big for a cape too. My house is also a cape, but 500 sq foot smaller. I redid the upstairs and use it as my bedroom. That looks like an awesome house, love the hardwood floors.

Me too! Yeah...house prices are bonkers out here. It's right at the edge of what we can afford, but anything else would be too small for the two of us and our million animals

It prices like that, that keep me stuck here. I paid $62k for my house, granted it was a foreclosure, but houses are cheap. Akron is obviously not Portland, but we are a decent size city. You can buy a house in Cleveland for a hell of a lot cheaper than what I paid for my house.

Best part is I can probably sell it for $100k-$110k after all the work my dad and I did. I think we gave about $73k invested in it total, so be a nice profit to spit when I sell. Might rent it when I move though, or let my little sister live in it until my Dad can sell it.

Owning a home is awesome, in how you can do whatever you want. Fixing shit sucks, and gets expensive.

Well Phoenix is a booming area, so stuff is expensive. Same with Portland. Akron is losing people by the 1000's, and has since all the rubber factories closed years ago. I bet there are more houses for sale/abandoned/etc than people looking for houses. The city tore down a few hundred in the last few years.

Just checked, the city has lost ~100k people since the 60's. That is almost a 1/3 of our highest population.

Thanks, rez. Yeah...if we moved to Pittsburgh it would be like 70k for 2500+ sq foot.

Another dying city. Pretty much any city that used to thrive on factories is in same boat. Rust belt is dead, car industry killed Detroit and the surrounding areas. We used to be the rubber capital of the world, yet no tires are really made here anymore (Goodyear still makes racing tires below my building, but that is such a small amount it does not do much.)

Another dying city. Pretty much any city that used to thrive on factories is in same boat. Rust belt is dead, car industry killed Detroit and the surrounding areas. We used to be the rubber capital of the world, yet no tires are really made here anymore (Goodyear still makes racing tires below my building, but that is such a small amount it does not do much.)

All we really have left in Pittsburgh is competitive spirit. Virtually everyone is a sports nut and it's scary.

I love the hell out of it so far. Unfortunately, it seems from Dave's letter that there'll be a hiatus :/

I'm fine with it. Can't rush the process. Just gives them / him time to naturally feel out what they are going to make next, how it's going to sound, how they want to go about recording it. Besides, I see him doing a non-Foo version of Sonic Highways doc. first. Then maybe another Foo album. Plus he just got down making an album, a mini series, an EP, and touring the world, on a broken ankle no less. They did it after Wastling Light. I don't see them slowing down any time soon.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic