It's a fun city.  My brother is down there, so I'm trying to make a trip every year.  If having a car wasn't so necessary, I'd consider moving there.

It would be pretty fucking awesome to live somewhere a car is not needed, and does not cost a ton to live in. I hate cars.

Dude, that show is so fucking good.

As long as you stop when you get into the 2000s.

I clearly went too far

I really do wonder how long they will ride it to the ground before it gets put out of it's misery. I mean, the series started in the late 80's, it has to be the longest running animated series in history now right?

Yeah i think it has been for a while

Pound cake too?

I've had a million brownies, cookies, lollies, etc.  I wanna surprise my friends with weird shit.  Something like peanut butter caramel snickers fudge or marshmallow creme pancake cookies.  Something strange and buttery.

Y'know, you have people give you a brownie and warn you "Take it easy with this shit, bro.  Start with a half and see where you are in two hours..."  But then two hours later I don't even have a head change and end up eating a quad dose to even feel it.

I want to make something that warrants the warning.  Something that a quarter of a single piece can keep you higher than a giraffe's asshole for the next 8 hours.  I want to make day-wreckers.  "Hope you don't have any plans..."

It would be pretty fucking awesome to live somewhere a car is not needed, and does not cost a ton to live in. I hate cars.

Won't find either of those in Austin :(  My brother says it's getting a lot more expensive (Oracle planning to build a huge campus there, which  probably won't help). and you'd have trouble getting by without a car.  City is real spread out.  He has mentioned that public transport is supposed to be getting better though.

Edit : I don't know how much cost of living is in Ohio, so Austin might be similarly priced.

Won't find either of those in Austin :(  My brother says it's getting a lot more expensive (Oracle planning to build a huge campus there, which  probably won't help). and you'd have trouble getting by without a car.  City is real spread out.  He has mentioned that public transport is supposed to be getting better though.

I'm sure it's still a lot cheaper than the PNW. I'm obviously not going to find anywhere as cheap as here, big city wise, but it still seems pretty affordable.

Okay peeps, I need your help.

I need some pastry/candy/dessert recipes with a lot of butter in them. I'm talking about something that uses 2-4 cups for a normal batch. I would just mix up butter and sugar, but I figure an actual recipe would be better. It just needs an exorbitant amount of butter.

For pastry, croissants, brioche, or anything that requires lamination. Kind of a pain in the ass, though.

Baklava would be good, but it's messy as fuck, and hard to get right unless you take the time.

Rice crispy treats, shortbread cookies, butter cookies, pound cake, or anything with caramel would require quite a bit.

For pastry, croissants, brioche, or anything that requires lamination. Kind of a pain in the ass, though.

Baklava would be good, but it's messy as fuck, and hard to get right unless you take the time.

Rice crispy treats, shortbread cookies, butter cookies, pound cake, or anything with caramel would require quite a bit.

I'm thinking of trying out something like nutter-butter marshmallow caramel fudge.  It'd be dense, potent, and tasty!

About 10 years ago I had my heart completely fucking destroyed by an ex. In an effort to win her back I spent $100 to get her The Fragile on vinyl.

My girlfriend and I are listening The Fragile right now. Turns out it goes for like $300-800 now.

I fucked up.

You're gonna have to do a Wu Tang/Bill Murray heist and steal that shit back!

About 10 years ago I had my heart completely fucking destroyed by an ex. In an effort to win her back I spent $100 to get her The Fragile on vinyl.

My girlfriend and I are listening The Fragile right now. Turns out it goes for like $300-800 now.

I fucked up.

At least you didn't sell your white whale to buy her white whale...

Dunno who else has seen it but I was watching Haruhi because I've seen it a ton so I can half pay attention before I go to bed. Anyway, I was watching the episode "Live Alive" and somehow I missed the fact they say to "bring a minidisc and we will make a copy of the songs for free". Got more of a giggle from them picking a minidisc of all random formats than I would have if I wasn't completely fucking exhausted.

Goodnight small talk <3

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic