I hope I get my W2's soon, because I want my tax return asap. I'll have 3 W2's to file, but 2 are only for like 20 hours of work combined, so it should not be bad. Money is going straight to my student loans.

Well damn. Had some cool hiking plans for today and tomorrow but it looks like we are trapped due to the ice on the roads.

That sucks. I know snow is not abnormal there, but it does not usually snow a lot does it? No salt? All my friend's pictures from there over the past few days show some snowy roads still.

That sucks. I know snow is not abnormal there, but it does not usually snow a lot does it? No salt? All my friend's pictures from there over the past few days show some snowy roads still.

Snow is surprisingly rare here, actually. It's more ice than snow at this point though.

Snow is surprisingly rare here, actually. It's more ice than snow at this point though.

Makes sense, with the climate and ocean breezes. Fuck icy roads. Snow is easy to deal with, but not ice.

I'm sure going from upstate New York to out there was a huge change. We get a ton of snow here, but not as crazy as upstate ny.

Do you get an allowance up front or do you get paid for mileage? I kinda wish I got an allowance, because I've heard from guys that get one that they then claim the mileage on their taxes as well. I can't remember what I claimed last year for my mileage, but it wasn't a lot since I hadn't been with the company long. This year is a whole bunch.

I get .40/mile reimbursed, which I turn in with my time sheets each week. From what I gather, I can claim the different between company mileage and the federal rate on my taxes.

I get .40/mile reimbursed, which I turn in with my time sheets each week. From what I gather, I can claim the different between company mileage and the federal rate on my taxes.

Oh dang, that's way lower than the federal rate. It was .575/mile last year, which is what I get when I do my expense reports. I don't think I get any difference on taxes, but I do have to file it.

I don't know how PDX is, but Seattle is not prepared for snow ever.  Supposedly, the county has 2 snow plows and those are dedicated to the passes.  The city itself kind of shuts down, buses stop running and stuff.  Streets are closed and people sled down them.  It's pretty wild.

Oh dang, that's way lower than the federal rate. It was .575/mile last year, which is what I get when I do my expense reports. I don't think I get any difference on taxes, but I do have to file it.

I get .575/mile, I went to tampa in December for training. Cost me $16 to fill up my tank, and I got $106 through my expense report.

I get .575/mile, I went to tampa in December for training. Cost me $16 to fill up my tank, and I got $106 through my expense report.

I'm getting gas at $1.78 per gallon right now, so it costs me between $30-40 a week in gas, and my gas checks are around $80-100 a week...which feels like a good deal right up until I have to buy new tires again.

I don't know how PDX is, but Seattle is not prepared for snow ever. Supposedly, the county has 2 snow plows and those are dedicated to the passes. The city itself kind of shuts down, buses stop running and stuff. Streets are closed and people sled down them. It's pretty wild.

Seems to be the same here. Except our buses are still running. Bus it is today!

I don't know how PDX is, but Seattle is not prepared for snow ever.  Supposedly, the county has 2 snow plows and those are dedicated to the passes.  The city itself kind of shuts down, buses stop running and stuff.  Streets are closed and people sled down them.  It's pretty wild.

That is just crazy to me. Snow is nothing here. The city has a fleet of like 50+ trucks. I guess it's just what you're used to.

I'm getting gas at $1.78 per gallon right now, so it costs me between $30-40 a week in gas, and my gas checks are around $80-100 a week...which feels like a good deal right up until I have to buy new tires again.

yeah, i feel the same way. like it's a good amount up front but then it's gonna get used on maintenance anyway.

That is just crazy to me. Snow is nothing here. The city has a fleet of like 50+ trucks. I guess it's just what you're used to.

It's so uncommon that it's not a huge issue usually.  The snow we got yesterday didn't stick at all and that might be it for the year.  In 2012, we got dumped on and my girlfriend was stuck at my house for 3 days.  She couldn't get home or go to work, cabs wouldn't pick her up and buses weren't really running.  I could walk to work, otherwise I'd probably have been stuck too.

My city only shut down once, and it is because we got about 2-3 feet in a few hours. I was working at AAA still, so I had to go into work, and tell people since there is a driving ban none of our tow trucks are running. That was a fun day. Snow is awesome, just not a ton at once, or driving with other people in it. I trust my own driving, other people's, not so much.

I hope you guys had stores and stuff that were open in those 3 days, because that'd suck to be stuck and be hungry.

My city only shut down once, and it is because we got about 2-3 feet in a few hours. I was working at AAA still, so I had to go into work, and tell people since there is a driving ban none of our tow trucks are running. That was a fun day. Snow is awesome, just not a ton at once, or driving with other people in it. I trust my own driving, other people's, not so much.

I hope you guys had stores and stuff that were open in those 3 days, because that'd suck to be stuck and be hungry.

They were open, but getting to them would have been a huge hassle.  Where I'm at is very hilly, they suck to walk up when it's dry out

Seattle does seem quite hilly, so that would be annoying. I'd probably still have ventured out, since being cooped up sucks. At least you could go to work for a change of pace. The snow we got last night and this morning is pretty much gone, despite it only being like 25F out. It's sunny now though, which helps. Going to be 50F again this weekend. What a weird winter.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic