I tried to buy an energy drink this morning  because I was exhausted and forgot to start the coffee, but the damn thing must've gone bad or something. It had big chunks of something in it and tasted awful. Chunky swig of energy drink isn't a good way to start a morning. I was already a mile away and late by the time I opened it so I couldn't even take it back.

I tried to buy an energy drink this morning  because I was exhausted and forgot to start the coffee, but the damn thing must've gone bad or something. It had big chunks of something in it and tasted awful. Chunky swig of energy drink isn't a good way to start a morning. I was already a mile away and late by the time I opened it so I couldn't even take it back.

I made coffee in my Keurig after cleaning it out with vinegar or something. Worst experience ever.

I made coffee in my Keurig after cleaning it out with vinegar or something. Worst experience ever.

I still have the receipt so maybe I'll whine online later and they'll offer me another. I should have gone back and exchanged it but I was running late. I poured it out to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and there were big congealed lumps of something. No clue.

Vinegar coffee doesn't sound good either. Shame on you for ruining a perfectly good cup of coffee like that

So... my morning has been interesting.

1. I am getting more and more frustrated at work. It's really small stuff that shouldn't bug me but does. I just need some help managing the stress. Any suggestions?

2. My dad called me and told me my grandmother's husband passed away last night. I was never really close with him, he was a great guy and I did really like him. It's sad, but I think I'm more sad for my grandmother. This is the second husband she's lost and she's very emotional.

:(

1. I am getting more and more frustrated at work. It's really small stuff that shouldn't bug me but does. I just need some help managing the stress. Any suggestions?

2. My dad called me and told me my grandmother's husband passed away last night. I was never really close with him, he was a great guy and I did really like him. It's sad, but I think I'm more sad for my grandmother. This is the second husband she's lost and she's very emotional.

sorry Shane my Grandma lost her second husband awhile back, that sucks you should pay her a visit if you can soon I'm sure it would mean a lot. Managing stress is difficult and different things work for different people, you can try meditating or deep breathing or visualizing a happy place (just like Happy Gilmore, but maybe your version has less midgets on unicycles)

sorry Shane my Grandma lost her second husband awhile back, that sucks you should pay her a visit if you can soon I'm sure it would mean a lot. Managing stress is difficult and different things work for different people, you can try meditating or deep breathing or visualizing a happy place (just like Happy Gilmore, but maybe your version has less midgets on unicycles)

I chuckled at the midgets on unicycles.. haha

I'm planning on going over there for the funeral, unless it happens to be Saturday night.

I agree with the first two posts , you should go visit.

On the stress situation, I've always managed to try to view it as, "I'll survive and get through

whatever situation that is stressing me out" and seeing it in relation to the bigger picture of things in

life and life as a whole helps me tend not to stress out on things at work or whatever smaller things that are thrown my way. I hope that makes some sense.

It's a truly awful taste. I never knew coffee could be sour until I drank a cup from a machine that had been "cleaned" with undiluted vinegar, and not rinsed afterwards.

omg. i gagged just reading this. XP

aw sorry shane :( ::hugs::

it's really so hard seeing someone you love so much feel that incredible loss. the best thing you can do is try to be there for her and be supportive. grandkids are like little rays of sunshine in grandparents lives and i'm sure it would mean the world to her to see you. 

stress sucks. stressful jobs suck even more :( i'm the queen of incredibly stressful jobs and letting all the work stress get to me, so i don't have tons of great advice. try to remind yourself of the things you do like about the job. think about the bigger  picture of working there and not the little annoying things that are stressing you out. and if you find that there isn't a whole lot that you do like about it, then remember, you're not stuck there forever.

i also recommend surrounding your desk with as many photos of kittens and other cute animals as you can :)

My job is hugely stressful and the only way I cope with it day to day is to just take breaks as often as possible, without taking the piss. I use these breaks to smoke but I don't recommend that! When you do take a break though, try to do something like go for a walk or read a bit of a book or something, I find that just browsing facebook for ten minutes makes the break disappear and you haven't really "switched off".

What's wrong y'all?

People are pretty shitty. I agree 100%.

I go to a private (Catholic) school and have equally little patience for both entitled rich people and sanctimonious religious people. I like maybe 10 people in the 600+ student school.

For the record, I have no problem with people who have money or people who are religious, just the specific type of people I assume you all know.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic