1 minute ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

I have a GoPro on eBay, it has sold 5 times now (in the past 48 hours).

Twice the sale canceled because the buyer's payment was declined. Twice the "buyer" messaged me saying they did not order it/their account was hacked" and one more than just canceled without any explanation.

This is just a tad annoying.

eBay! Gotta love it.

We are rolling out the chipped credit card readers this week, and it's not working very well. Our call volume is insane. Is it Friday yet?

1 hour ago, Holo said:

uh, randomly does anyone have original xbox stuff sitting around? I dug mine out but need the 5 prong cables to make it even playable on my HDTV. Text is way too blurry to see because of it blowing up the image I guess

Shit, all my OG Xbox stuff is at my dad's...but years ago my dog chewed through that cable.

15 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Shit, all my OG Xbox stuff is at my dad's...but years ago my dog chewed through that cable.

Damn, alright.

I may just have to dig out a CRT because it seems like the HD upscaling is just fucking the picture. I know it isn't going to be beautiful but it looks like someone smeared something all over the screen and I have to squint to read text.

I don't know if I should be more upset that

a ) this exists and they are charging $20 for it

b ) they didn't play it when I was at their concert

c ) they don't have another Illusion of Safety tee

d ) Deadbolt has reached meme status

https://www.thriceofficialmerch.com/products/thrice-play-deadbolt-mens-black-slim-tee-16510900051651090005_grande.jpeg?v=1472800362

My ex's newest boyfriend is wearing a flannel shirt tucked into jeans in every picture I've seen of him. I don't quite know why this upsets me. Like, he's so dweeby that I'm questioning who I am as a person.

It's been a 50/50 split on my exes dating either dweeby looking dudes or "look at this fucking hipster" level hipsters. WHICH AM I?! AM I SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE?! At least this one doesn't have a podcast about professional wrestling.

47 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Oh fuck yes. The Jim Jarmusch documentary about The Stooges opens here tomorrow and I'll be going on Sunday. So stoked.

Stoked for you! I need to live in a place with good theaters.

...or at least one that doesn't replay God's Not Dead a year after it came out.

16 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Uh apparently I'm not allowed to give you rep?

That's weird, it says you gave me rep. The forums are just forever broken at this point I think. I've stopped even noting the weird shit that happens sometimes.

17 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Oh wow...that's brutal. When I lived further downstate there were even more and better indie movie options, but it's not too bad around here.

We don't get a lot of those "Christain faith based films." Everyone once in awhile the biggest Regal will have one playing like twice a day in their smallest auditorium. That same Regal plays a SHIT LOAD of Indian/Bollywood films. There are like 3 there right now. Personally, not my thing. But I'd rather that then those bullshit Kirk Cameron CHRISTIAN FAMILY VALUES movies.

27 minutes ago, chkadea said:

My dad got pissed because he was talking about how great it was and I asked what the big deal was. "No shit he isn't dead, if something nevertheless existed in the first place it can't die. Why is this news"

Top kek

Edited by Holo

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That's weird, it says you gave me rep. The forums are just forever broken at this point I think. I've stopped even noting the weird shit that happens sometimes.

Oh wow...that's brutal. When I lived further downstate there were even more and better indie movie options, but it's not too bad around here.

We don't get a lot of those "Christain faith based films." Everyone once in awhile the biggest Regal will have one playing like twice a day in their smallest auditorium. That same Regal plays a SHIT LOAD of Indian/Bollywood films. There are like 3 there right now. Personally, not my thing. But I'd rather that then those bullshit Kirk Cameron CHRISTIAN FAMILY VALUES movies.

Kinda cool/quirky about the bollywood films - is there that much of a population for the choice to cater to that audience?

We usually don't get too many Christian ones, but the bummer is that we have one 8 screen theater, and it frequently only shows 6 movies, doubling up on 2 of the movies playing, that never sell out anyway, so we miss out on certain films that are even wide-releases. As an example, years ago Iron Giant was never played, and I'm still hung up about it haha

Just now, chkadea said:

Kinda cool/quirky about the bollywood films - is there that much of a population for the choice to cater to that audience?

We usually don't get too many Christian ones, but the bummer is that we have one 8 screen theater, and it frequently only shows 6 movies, doubling up on 2 of the movies playing, that never sell out anyway, so we miss out on certain films that are even wide-releases. As an example, years ago Iron Giant was never played, and I'm still hung up about it haha

Meanwhile, I saw Iron Giant in theaters its initial release and again randomly a couple years ago...

There's gotta be an audience for the Bollywood films. It's cool that they show them. Now that I think about it, we definitely have a decent sized population of Indian people. Dude at my local gas station always has Bollywood films playing. 

I just looked and the indie theater I haven't had a chance to check out since it reopened is currently only playing V for Vendetta, Hook, and All the President's Men. I miss a lot of shit there because they have erratic hours. Like, they'll be closed on random days. I missed Die Hard there because of that. Royal Tennenbaums too. Then when my girlfriend and I want to go see a movie on a rare day off we have together they'll be playing "Latest Marvel Movie" or a "Generic Tom Hanks Would Maybe Like Another Oscar? Please?" movie.

Ugh, now that I think about it I missed 2001, The Terminator, Blade Runner, and Alien there this year. Granted, I own them all on blu Ray and could watch them literally any time...BUT STILL

The 35mm Horror fest that happens twice a year has Robocop headlining next month...but the marathon includes I Spit on Your Grave this year so I refuse to give them money. Hopefully the next one is better. I've seen so any amazing movies in 35mm thanks to that fest. They could be showing 10 hours of a literal pile of dog shit before Robocop and I'd drop the $30. Robocop fucking rules. But ISoYG is garbage that I can't/won't support.

6 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Ugh, now that I think about it I missed 2001, The Terminator, Blade Runner, and Alien there this year. Granted, I own them all on blu Ray and could watch them literally any time...BUT STILL

The 35mm Horror fest that happens twice a year has Robocop headlining next month...but the marathon includes I Spit on Your Grave this year so I refuse to give them money. Hopefully the next one is better. I've seen so any amazing movies in 35mm thanks to that fest. They could be showing 10 hours of a literal pile of dog shit before Robocop and I'd drop the $30. Robocop fucking rules. But ISoYG is garbage that I can't/won't support.

Fuck, I'd love to see robocop on 35mm

28 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Hopefully it'll be the last repair for a while. I'm trying to get 2 more years out of this car, but we'll see.

Edit: Does anyone else's discogs look different lately. Mine's been like this for a few months now.

YDh3gew.png

woooooohoooooo Ring Wars. 

My Frances gets here today too

Just now, NapalmBrain said:

yeah discogs changed their format it looks great

I figured. My laptop at home sometimes still shows the old interface, which is weird.

Finally sold my mewithoutYou - Ten Stories boxset. Paid the the standard edition, and a few more records. I never listened the to the 7", or read the book it came with.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic