44 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Good old Texas. Still can't wait to move. Hopefully this job works out... but I've been playing phone tag with them the past few days.

I like that it's 80F in November, but man is it fucking with my head. Day 2 of a migraine.

So you might be moving here? Where in Texas?

ugh, I hate this weather, it's supposed to cool off tomorrow somewhat.

Hope that migraine goes away soon.

Edited by texan4life

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Record cabinet build is coming along well. I have all the pieces cut, minus the counter top which is going to be made of those long 1x3"s. They are going across (width wise), and I'm going to cut them at various lengths so it'll give it that hardwood flooring / butcher block effect. Once I assemble it all I'm going to stain it. I'm still experimenting with various stains (different stains, various layers, mixing, etc.). It's going to be a 2x5 cube deal, with slats in the back to prevent records from going through, but still be open to cut down on weight a little and be able to see through. I'm going to cut dado lines so the dividers slide into the cabinet itself. And it'll have an LED strip under the overhang of the counter. I'm thinking it'll hold 500+ records all said and done (depending on box sets). But it'll hold all my records and then some, so I'll be all set. Then all my equipment will go on top of it (the counter - which will have an overhang of 1'' all the way around). Since it is oak, it'll be heavy, and will help prevent vibration.

gvpaMh5.jpg

Its going to be beautiful, good luck!

(Don't know what happened to the first post...)

Record cabinet build is coming along well. I have all the pieces cut, minus the counter top which is going to be made of those long 1x3"s. They are going across (width wise), and I'm going to cut them at various lengths so it'll give it that hardwood flooring / butcher block effect. Once I assemble it all I'm going to stain it. I'm still experimenting with various stains (different stains, various layers, mixing, etc.). It's going to be a 2x5 cube deal, with slats in the back to prevent records from going through, but still be open to cut down on weight a little and be able to see through. I'm going to cut dado lines so the dividers slide into the cabinet itself. And it'll have an LED strip under the overhang of the counter. I'm thinking it'll hold 500+ records all said and done (depending on box sets). But it'll hold all my records and then some, so I'll be all set. Then all my equipment will go on top of it (the counter - which will have an overhang of 1'' all the way around). Since it is oak, it'll be heavy, and will help prevent vibration.

gvpaMh5.jpg

Just now, texan4life said:

Its going to be beautiful, good luck!

Thank you! I don't need luck. ; )

(I drew this thing so many times to make sure I had everything perfect. And always measure twice, cut once. Haha.)

21 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

No, what happened? I ain't googling shit.

I'm drunk and reading the Alien Ant Farm wiki. Associated acts: Inside Out and Chain of Strength?! Wat?

Very sketchy and illegal shit that led to the death and/or suicide of a bunch of sick vets. Mostly happened because they were understaffed and people were fudging the books to make it not look as bad as it was. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Health_Administration_scandal_of_2014#Phoenix_Veterans_Health_Administration_system

Edited by Holo

8 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

The drummer did time in CoS and Inside Out

I figured it was a 90s case of "hardcore vet(s) decide to make some money playing popular horseshit"

Kinda like how hardcore dudes in the early 00s to now end up playing pop punk. Gotta make that Fallout Boy shit to pay dem bills.

44 minutes ago, Holo said:

Very sketchy and illegal shit that led to the death and/or suicide of a bunch of sick vets. Mostly happened because they were understaffed and people were fudging the books to make it not look as bad as it was. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Health_Administration_scandal_of_2014#Phoenix_Veterans_Health_Administration_system

Jesus. My quick googling showed that recently they had people handing out bibles. Someone was like "You aren't allowed to do that here" and the bible people responded hostily but the dude who called them out was arrested. All that shit is fucked.

My sister worked at the local VA for a couple years and my dad has been a patient there for decades. So I know shit is not good there.

29 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I figured it was a 90s case of "hardcore vet(s) decide to make some money playing popular horseshit"

Kinda like how hardcore dudes in the early 00s to now end up playing pop punk. Gotta make that Fallout Boy shit to pay dem bills.

It was the bassist of CoS, Hard Stance, drummer of Inside Out... singer of Statue

Played bass in AAF from '06 to '08

Edited by GHOSTDRONES

all you early ETID nerds are aware of this, right? Haven't heard anyone mention it and it looks to have an exclusive track released in 1999... Figured I'd wait to point out its existence until after I have theoretically dibs-ed a copy, but it isn't credited on their Discogs page and rare so fight away...

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3095524?ev=rb

3 hours ago, Holo said:

all you early ETID nerds are aware of this, right? Haven't heard anyone mention it and it looks to have an exclusive track released in 1999... Figured I'd wait to point out its existence until after I have theoretically dibs-ed a copy, but it isn't credited on their Discogs page and rare so fight away...

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3095524?ev=rb

I have two versions of this.

Also, Hex was selling these for $2 over the summer

Edited by GHOSTDRONES

I have a GoPro on eBay, it has sold 5 times now (in the past 48 hours).

Twice the sale canceled because the buyer's payment was declined. Twice the "buyer" messaged me saying they did not order it/their account was hacked" and one more than just canceled without any explanation.

This is just a tad annoying.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic