The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

i've already resigned myself to the fact that i'm probably going to have to spend ungodly amounts for these on ebay. 

Ungodly for a 7" yes, but if you don't but on the aftermarket immediately after releases and pay attention they'll come down. A bunch of TFTC sold for $10 over retail at some pointy. 

Yeah as far as I can tell I am the only one in this thread going to SDCC...and no I won't buy you all one.  Most likely it will be limited to only a couple copies per person, and that list is full already....

I am also going but please dont PM me to ask for a pickup since my assistant will be the other person buying a copy and his is spoken for. If I do get a 2nd copy of anything I will probably sell it for face via some random lottery crap or send out as a secret santa gift or something. It would be cool to meet somebody from VC though at con so stl_ben if you see an guy covered in tattoos in a wheelchair and I mean covered...come say Hi! Im pretty recognizable just look for the guy with ink on his dome!

I've never been, but everything I've heard and seen says it'll be like sharks at a feeding frenzy.

You'll have to let us know how crazy it is to get even yourself a copy. :-P

Preview night is not as crowded but people seem to speedwalk for stuff. Im in a chair so I can wheel faster than most folk walk and thats one of the few reasons I go to con. I get access to almost everything quicker. If I had to wait in line like normal a/b'ers or "walkers" I would probably skip it as folks sit in line for Hall H overnight. Us crips get a special line although more and more "fakers" have been in the lines the last few years! 

Do they not have lockers and shit that you can rent at SDCC? It seems like they would have figured that shit out. It would make someone some money and make people happy.

EDIT: Nobody steal my idea. I'm getting a bunch of rental lockers and going to SDCC from now on.

Well they have like a coat check so you dont have to walk around with the big ass boxes all day long. I think its $1 per item or something but it sure beats walking around all day with whatever you buy. I remember the year they had the avengers carrier and that box was almost four feet or higher and what a mess when folks tried to walk around with the damn thing bopping people in the head everywhere! But still if you can ever make it to SDCC its worth going for a day or so just to experience it....and the best part 99.99% of the people are very polite and all there to have fun

Ungodly for a 7" yes, but if you don't but on the aftermarket immediately after releases and pay attention they'll come down. A bunch of TFTC sold for $10 over retail at some pointy. 

i figure batman is far more popular than TFTC though. i guess we'll see. hopefully they'll hold back a few to put online.

So we have to hide the fact we are going?  You are welcome to ask....just know the answer is going to be no.  I have 5 people that I deal with regularly and have told they are my list....I doubt I can help all them more less all the other askers around here.  I mean if I get all 5 version for each of them + me...that's only 30 records at $15 each, so $450 spent and a giant extra box to carry all day.

If you guys don't want people asking you to get one don't fucking say you're going. Simple.

I said I was going back when Looper was spoke of and a few folk asked asked immediately. I took care of the ones I knew and the list was closed then. I am saying I am going now so if folk see me they can put a name to a face. I dont post often on here but read the site everyday so thought it would be cool to meet some new folk from across the country who happen to be at the same convention...

thats all. Its always handy to know a few more folk when the time comes to call in a favor when at some random event across the country and know the one guy/girl that would like to get hooked up....just sayin....

Now back to your regularly scheduled groveling ;[D

And now you all get offended haha

Not offended at all sir. Just stating if folk happen to see me come say Hi...just trying to be that friendly geek on the web. The more the merrier....you never know.....a few of my very good friends I met on EB back when I was tracking auctions in 2004...plus it is nice to know people with common interests to shoot the shit while waiting in lines at times! ;D

If you guys don't want people asking you to get one don't fucking say you're going. Simple.

But then how will everyone know that they're going and they'll be able to get these for themselves?  :)

I was guilty of this in the Braid thread, but I did help some people. When I've done that in the past you get a lot of people messaging, maybe one or two that will actually follow through on buying it. Weird how many people have an unexpected bill come up when you tell them it's time to pay.