The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

1 hour ago, slinch said:

Is this really him? Haha.

"I consider it to be a huge issue and morally dubious to put it very kindly," said Ben Ellmann, who was about an hour and a half into his wait in line for a limited edition Mondo poster. "Because you're making buck off of someone's genuine love and affection for something. You're buying it cynically to make buck off of someone's love and passion. It's truly disgusting in my humble opinion."

40 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Come on man. Does that sounds like the Ben we know?

It sounds like if Ben was trying to not let the person doing the interview know what he was actually doing in the Mondo line. So maybe...

I use to be unbiased about Ben, but after multiple occasions of me asking him to help me with Mondo con and Comic Con stuff and getting no help I'm more on the side of not liking him. I mean, were all guilty of flipping records on occasion even though nobody wants to admit it, so I cant blame him for that. But at least help people out every once in a while. Maybe flip a record then sell one at cost to board members. I dont think I've ever seen him hook anyone up.

Edited by andrewlucas
Adding My Opinion of Ben

22 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

It sounds like if Ben was trying to not let the person doing the interview know what he was actually doing in the Mondo line. So maybe...

I use to be unbiased about Ben, but after multiple occasions of me asking him to help me with Mondo con and Comic Con stuff and getting no help I'm more on the side of not liking him. I mean, were all guilty of flipping records on occasion even though nobody wants to admit it, so I cant blame him for that. But at least help people out every once in a while. Maybe flip a record then sell one at cost to board members. I dont think I've ever seen him hook anyone up.

One of the reasons why I would never sell him one of my Intheclouds records...

Edited by Sasan