The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I don't remember this being mentioned before that Mondo was handling it. Did I miss something?

Nope, this one was out of the blue.

Really want, but not for $50. :(

This pricing is a distressing trend. 

Jesus, I guess Mondo is becoming or has already become a "high-end" record distributor.

They always were, they've just recently had opportunity to/realized they can put together some very interesting/high end pieces. It makes sense.  If you're a huge fan of The Iron Giant and/or the score, the metal case was a no-brainer purchase.  For those of us not into that individual movie, but into 'Mondo'/Scores/movies, it was a bit of a head scratcher.  And that's fine.

This is the first Mondo release to contain licenced music right? Hopefully this means more soundtracks (rather than original scores) in the future.

I'm not sure what you mean by licenced, but Drive had non-score music on it...

That's ridiculous. $50?! for a soundtrack I already have. I want this but I can't afford $50 especially when that can buy Shaun of the Dead next week. It would be a definite buy if it was the full score on a 2LP. I really hope Mondo does not continue to have crazy prices.

With extra frills like metal cases, burlap sacks & handbills, I imagine they will continue to do this sort of thing. Let's be honest, if it says Mondo it will sell, regardless of price.

I'm not sure what you mean by licenced, but Drive had non-score music on it...

Licenced = music not created for the film.

I forgot about Drive. I pretty much associate the music used with the film.

That price is stupid.

Fuck mondo.

Lol. If you just want the music, nothing is stopping you from buying the two versions of this record that already exists.

True, I mean, I'm interested in cool releases, but the prices tend to get to me.

Same, I'd love Looper, but $60 cuz it comes in a sack? No. But more power to people who can afford this & want it. I just fear this trend will continue to grow & in a year we're seeing single & douple LP's for $100+ retail.

Here's the blog post with a bit more details:  http://blog.mondotees.com/2014/10/03/guardians-of-the-galaxy-awesome-mix-vol-1-deluxe-vinyl-lp/

Doesn't mention if these will be limited or an open-edition, but it does sound like they will start working on them pretty soon "Because of the hand-done nature of this project, both with the vinyl and packaging, we do not expect these to begin shipping until the first quarter of 2015."

Annnd now I want both Rocket handbills..

ROCKET3.gif

What everyone is pissed off about is that with this direction of the Iron Giant, Looper, Guardians, and (to a lesser degree) Batman releases is that they are pushing away their 'Mondo' fans (who collect every Mondo release).

However, these releases are more appealing to fans of the individual films/scores.  I've passed on nearly all of the Mondo releases due to the prices and that I haven't been a huge fan of most of the scores.  But the Looper deluxe dropped and it was a must have for me, even at $90 shipped to Canada.