The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

2uGgDMg.jpg

bobbydrake was nice enough to grab me a copy of "2001" at Mondocon and i lucked out with a variant. Mondo outdid themselves with this one -- really cool package all around, plus the liner notes have timestamps so you can try and sync up the music cues.

Holy shit, I want that.

I really wish they'd do a release of the movie with the alt soundtrack as special feature/alternate audio track because trying to to time everything with a record sounds just awful. Of course, Kubrick's estate would never allow that to happen...but still, it would be nice.

2uGgDMg.jpg

bobbydrake was nice enough to grab me a copy of "2001" at Mondocon and i lucked out with a variant. Mondo outdid themselves with this one -- really cool package all around, plus the liner notes have timestamps so you can try and sync up the music cues.

Gang, I've been gone for a bit and I don't want to read back through six weeks of posts. Do we know if this 2001 going up for sale like Iron Giant and SOTD?

I believe 2001 is going on sale first part of November and no release date has been announced for Iron Giant.

I, for one, am pretty excited about the GOTG release. For a screen printed cover and a screen printed handbill, I don't think the price is bad. And, if you don't want to spend that much, you can buy the cheap version (though not Mondo) from amazon.

Welp, grabbed Drive and Gravity, and both are awesome, but Gravity came with a huge gash on the C side, making it skip like crazy, so basically I'm shit outta luck in getting Mondo to replace that.

I'm sure they pressed replacement discs just in case of things like this.  Might as well send them an email.

yeah luckily i didn't pay as gift so I'll get my monies back.

I would like to think the person didn't get 005 and just etch a small line to connect it into an 8 on each disc...could just be a mondo error

I could honesty see someone doing that. Especially with the HUGE difference in resale value between the two.