The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Great!

Had to pick up my record today. Had to pay $30 extra's because of import charges.

So in total I payed $105 for a record that has a seem split on the top with the handbill sticking out.

Also 1 print in my order. Ordered it at the moment it went up.

Fuck this. I'm pissed.

Dude, you have been quite cool in the past. If you need a hookup stateside I can always help and would not mind helping out to avoid the customs charges for ya...just hit me with a PM

They say that "These will go on sale at a random time on Friday, February 13th." so are you entirely sure that I should be at my computer around then?

Like Desk Cop said, when Mondo say "random time," they almost ALWAYS mean sometime between 11:30am - 12:00pm EST. Since I've started collecting Mondo stuff, vinyl or prints, I can maybe think of a couple times when they were off. And I think it was only a couple minutes after 12:00 or so.

Like Desk Cop said, when Mondo say "random time," they almost ALWAYS mean sometime between 11:30am - 12:00pm EST. Since I've started collecting Mondo stuff, vinyl or prints, I can maybe think of a couple times when they were off. And I think it was only a couple minutes after 12:00 or so.

I'll be glued to my computer and eternally grateful if this pans out that way!

I'll be glued to my computer and eternally grateful if this pans out that way!

Are you guys trying to go for the prints tomorrow or something? I doubt the LP is going to sell out that quickly, mondo has either been pressing enough to keep copies in stock a while on pretty much the last 4 or 5 releases, or since they aren't doing as many "random" variants the demand has slightly died down of trying to purchase it right when it goes up. Either way, I doubt it's anything to worry about.

Are you guys trying to go for the prints tomorrow or something? I doubt the LP is going to sell out that quickly, mondo has either been pressing enough to keep copies in stock a while on pretty much the last 4 or 5 releases, or since they aren't doing as many "random" variants the demand has slightly died down of trying to purchase it right when it goes up. Either way, I doubt it's anything to worry about.

This is what I was thinking, but honestly, I'm still a little nervous to trust that. I HATE that im going to wake up to buy this at 9:30 MST, which will mean I get to sleep for about an hour before and then go back to sleep, but I have to be safe. I'm almost certain you'll be right though.

By "fast" I meant within a half hour or so, which is a long time compared to the print drops. But, yeah, most of the earlier releases sold out by the end of the day.

You meant within a half hour or so, and yet brought up two releases that sold out within 5 minutes. That makes sense.