Post your gems

dat pricetag

Eh, I guess I only posted it on DF when I bought it.

I worked at a record store for a year for store credit. It was one day a week, when I didn't work my real job. At some point, I saved up near 1K. During one week, we got in

MC5 - Kick Out The Jams (red label/first press - which I have an original pressing, just not first),

Lightning Hopkins on Imperial ($100 record, which I still want, though I don't have much credit left)

That VU first press and

A VG++ 2nd state Beatles 'Butcher' cover that was the exact same price.

I knew I was going to get one of those things. When it came down to it, I knew I would never have another opportunity to buy a record of that caliber for 'store credit,' ever!

It was funny. Since I was using credit, they wouldn't budge on the price. They charged tax too, so it came to for $430 or something. But I didn't [technically] pay for it (unless you count my time, which would have been wasted at home).

Eh, I guess I only posted it on DF when I bought it.

I worked at a record store for a year for store credit. It was one day a week, when I didn't work my real job. At some point, I saved up near 1K. During one week, we got in

MC5 - Kick Out The Jams (red label/first press - which I have an original pressing, just not first),

Lightning Hopkins on Imperial ($100 record, which I still want, though I don't have much credit left)

That VU first press and

A VG++ 2nd state Beatles 'Butcher' cover that was the exact same price.

I knew I was going to get one of those things. When it came down to it, I knew I would never have another opportunity to buy a record of that caliber for 'store credit,' ever!

It was funny. Since I was using credit, they wouldn't budge on the price. They charged tax too, so it came to for $430 or something. But I didn't [technically] pay for it (unless you count my time, which would have been wasted at home).

Wow, I must have been trolling DF at one time cuz I totally remember this story.  Super jealous of the record by the way.