The Official Horror Thread

Rip

Ok, watched The Poughkeepsie Tapes. You guys made it seem like it was waaaay more fucked up than it actually was. Yes, there was definitely some messed up shit that happened, but I thought it was going to be way more creepy. Don't get me wrong, it was a great flick and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys serial killer stuff.  I personally loved it, but didn't think it was as creepy/fucked up as it could have been. 

One part I though was hilarious (and I'm sure that was the intended purpose). 

When they showed the footage of the girl on the balloon and she tried to pop it, but couldn't.  

Maybe it takes a lot more to creep me out than I thought, but a cult classic type film for sure that many people would enjoy. 

I was dumbfounded by the "fight scene". I didn't know how to react to what I seeing haha. It's going to be a great movie to own for the bonus commentary.

I didn't either so I laughed my ass off and was glad to see my buddy was too. I mean it was totally goofy as shit so assume that was the right reaction. Michael Parks commitment to it made that film. 

I really need KS to fix that CGI from the beginning though. WTF was that? 

Went and saw Tusk tonight with my girlfriend, cousin, and thispartysucks128. Such a weird/crazy/ridiculous/fucked up movie. I couldn't tell you how many times I didn't know if I should laugh or not at some of the stuff. Either way I loved it. Michael Parks is amazing in everything he does.

Full Walrus 4 lyfe.

I hadnt heard the podcast at all and when the end scene hit I laughed so hard my sides hurt. The sad piano music was Gerard Way in case anyone was wondering. 

I hadnt heard the podcast at all and when the end scene hit I laughed so hard my sides hurt. The sad piano music was Gerard Way in case anyone was wondering.

None of us has heard it either so we were all dying. And I noticed they credited Gerard Wat for that last song. I wouldn't of had any idea that it was him.

How strict do we want to be with what is a 'horror' film?  Can it be something borderline exploitation or sci-fi?  What's everyone's opinion?

Horror is pretty subjective. I don't mind if it's not horror through & through but has some horror elements. Just my thoughts.

I can't remember the exact name/address but I usually just google "is it streaming?" and it brings up a similarly named site. Search a movie and it tells you if/where a it's streaming, where you can rent a digital copy etc.

I'm getting pretty hype for a month of nonstop horror movies.

I can't remember the exact name/address but I usually just google "is it streaming?" and it brings up a similarly named site. Search a movie and it tells you if/where a it's streaming, where you can rent a digital copy etc.

I'm getting pretty hype for a month of nonstop horror movies.

Yup. I do it anyway for October but really interested to see people's picks.

The thread is too huge for me to lurk, but has anyone here seen The Poughkeepsie Tapes and if so do you know of anything similar or just as brutal? I like horror movies that fuck me up for a couple weeks after seeing them.

If you haven't seen it, it's free on YouTube. Mostly because nobody wants to publish it because of how gnarly it is.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007): http://youtu.be/SigJwcQhc_4

Edit: or maybe wait, if the crypt keeper (noalarmplanet) allows me to be apart of this marathon ;)

This type of description is what keeps me in the game and hearing people say it was hard to keep the lights off. I'll give this a shot just based on those things.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread