THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/86-000-Vinyl-Record-Collection-Includes-lots-of-extras-taking-appointments-/321060091829?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4ac0ac37b5

BREAKDOWN of the records are as follows:

Total amount of all records / 33s / 45s / 78s =

12" 33 RPM (52,000):

-the total linear footage of all 12" 33 rpm records is 531 feet, conservatively (607 linear feet when you include the   

'INCLUDED' items below). The total number of 12" 33 rpm records is around 52,000, (there are approximately 88 records per  

linear foot).

'INCLUDED' in the above calculation is:

-44 linear feet of 12" LP box sets (approx. 4400 LPs)
-8 linear feet of 10" vinyl LP records (all with their original picture sleeves, approx. 600 LPs)
-24 linear feet of 10" 78 rpm record albums (these album sets are like books and each has a nice front and 
back cover and spine, and typically each has at least 4 to 6 records in them) (approx. 1000 records)

LINEAR FOOTAGE of 12" 33 rpm records BROKEN DOWN BY GENRE (approximate):

290'- classic rock, psych, alternative, 1950s-70s
110'- blues, jazz, soul, r&b, gospel, 1950s-70s
60'- classical, instrumental, 1950s-70s
60'- country, rockabilly, bluegrass, folk, 1950s-70s
50'- spoken word, comedy, 1950s-70s
30'- sountracks, musicals, 1950s-80s
10'- Christmas, 1950s-80s

7" 45 RPM (23,700):

-I calculated the total number of 7" 45 rpm records in 2 separate ways, because the bulk of them are stored in nice   

archival cardboard boxes. There are 120 of these boxes (with lids) and each box holds 158 records. These boxes alone   

account for 18,960 of the 7" records. 98% of them are in protective acid free archival paper sleeves, many of which are   

also in clear protective mylar (and many of the sleeves are the original sleeves they were in). 
There are another 30 boxes of 7" records that using the same formula for the above boxes, comes out to 4,740 additional   

records. This brings the grand total of 45 rpm records to approx. 23,700.

50% is from the 1950s and 60s, and includes rare doo wop, classic rock, soul, gospel, blues, jazz
30% is rockabilly, country, folk (a lot of obscure southern USA / Florida stuff that you can't easily find)
20% is 1970s / 80s pop, rock, etc. / about 1000 records have the original picture sleeves

-In addition to the above, there are an additional 100 or so 45 vinyl record box sets.

Approx. 90% of the 7" vinyl 45 records are VG+ or better ( My grading scale: M / VG+ / VG / VG- / G )

10" 78 RPM (10,000):

-the total linear footage of all 10" 78 rpm records is approx. 90' (and there are 110 records per foot). The total number  

of 10" 78 rpm records is approx. 10,000. 70% of them are in protective sleeves, some acid free, some original brown    

paper. The condition of the 78s vary from mostly better than VG to VG+ and better (many are promotional dj copies), and   

some are very old and date back to the 1910s all the way up to the early 1950s. All genres are represented. Country,   

gospel, rock, doo wop, blues, jazz, etc.

In addition to the records: 

-are at least 32 vintage 45 carrying cases, some are metal, wood, plastic, etc.

-large and small speakers

-2 reel to reel players

-several turntables, tuners, 45 turntable (maybe 7 or 8 total)

-approx. 60% of the 33 rpm LP records have protective mylar sleeves

-approx. 85% of the 33 rpm LP records have protective inner paper sleeves, some original and many that I purchased (acid 

free)

-approx. 75% of the 78 rpm records have protective inner paper sleeves, some original and many that I purchased (acid      

free)

TLDR...I'm not trying to buy $575,000 worth of video games. Still sketchy to have that many video games...

A couple lines were too long for you to read? Great, another fine new member, welcome aboard.

There's nothing sketchy about the auction at all. Dude obviously collected video games for a large portion of his life and now he's selling it. 

This thread always makes me sad.  I need to have a more popular taste in music and I need to do a better job of getting in on pretty colored limited preorders.

I've went through my collection and have pulled out some of my rarer / more expensive records to sell on ebay to fund a down payment on a house and the most I get are $20 - $35 bucks.

I just plain need to learn how to be a more gooder vinyl flipper.