THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

When I first started buying records I almost bought a test press of Beneath Medicine Tree from him. Needless to say, I am happy I didn't go through with it.

How the fuck did he get that to begin with

Question. How's the best way to deal with this? Watching/bidding on an item but just got outbid by a person with 0 feedback who also is the high bidder on every other item that the seller has. Obvious shill bidding but what's the best way to handle it?

Don't buy from that seller, unless a record is a one off you will find it from someone else eventually.

A friend of mine told me the other day he found Juturna and On Letting Go for $10 each in Sacramento. I know its not ebay but still

I'm not into this band but I'm just curious as to which shop it was? I live in Sacramento and the pickings are getting slim for record stores.

I'm not familiar with how this LP came out but I know promo copies of many numbered items would come stamped as '0000/XXXX'. Perhaps it's just a advance promotional version. Again, I really don't know anything about this band so I could easily be wrong.

Especially considering this album is only worth 100-150 bones.  Hence the reason the guy has had this up on E-Bay for the last 4 months.

eBay craziness for this week:

NiN session reels for closer, coil remix of closer, and gave up were listed together as a lot. It got pulled, it was well into the hundreds though. I'm guessing the seller got a offer he couldn't refuse, or maybe Trent Reznor shut it down or something.

Would've been nice to finally have Closer multis.

Sold a perfect copy of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons to user "louiebig". I packed it like a champ. He received it. 2 weeks later he filed an eBay claim saying "I've been having problems with defective games lately" and that he wanted a refund. I insisted that it was in perfect working order when I shipped it and that he should test it on a different console. He said he had multiple consoles and that it's definitely the game. I didn't want to but I told him I'd refund him if he returned it to me and warned him that I wasn't going to be scammed. He said he'd leave me positive feedback once he received the refund. I received the game and of course it worked perfectly. I contacted eBay about it and they said to refund him anyway. I gave him the refund and then he gave me negative feedback saying that I was rude and sold him a defective game and not to buy from me. 

What a douchebag. 

Sold a perfect copy of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons to user "louiebig". I packed it like a champ. He received it. 2 weeks later he filed an eBay claim saying "I've been having problems with defective games lately" and that he wanted a refund. I insisted that it was in perfect working order when I shipped it and that he should test it on a different console. He said he had multiple consoles and that it's definitely the game. I didn't want to but I told him I'd refund him if he returned it to me and warned him that I wasn't going to be scammed. He said he'd leave me positive feedback once he received the refund. I received the game and of course it worked perfectly. I contacted eBay about it and they said to refund him anyway. I gave him the refund and then he gave me negative feedback saying that I was rude and sold him a defective game and to not to buy from me. 

What a douchebag. 

I hate ebay. It's such bullshit you can't leave negative feedback to buyers, and how they side with buyers on everything.

I sold an iPhone 5 to someone, and 40 days later (one of the last days you can open a case) the buyer opened a case and claimed the volume buttons didn't work. The phone worked perfectly when I shipped it, including the volume buttons. Basically I told them I thought they were trying to scam me and just have a free phone to use for over a month before they sent it back for a full refund. I refused to refund them, and now the case has just been sitting open for the past 10 days. Meanwhile PayPal has put a hold on $340 so my paypal account is like $320 in the hole, which is a pretty big inconvenience haha.

So yeah, I'm about done selling shit on eBay. 

Yeah, I won that. My max bid was $302.99. I was pleasantly surprised. It's waiting for me at the PO now.

Sold a perfect copy of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons to user "louiebig". I packed it like a champ. He received it. 2 weeks later he filed an eBay claim saying "I've been having problems with defective games lately" and that he wanted a refund. I insisted that it was in perfect working order when I shipped it and that he should test it on a different console. He said he had multiple consoles and that it's definitely the game. I didn't want to but I told him I'd refund him if he returned it to me and warned him that I wasn't going to be scammed. He said he'd leave me positive feedback once he received the refund. I received the game and of course it worked perfectly. I contacted eBay about it and they said to refund him anyway. I gave him the refund and then he gave me negative feedback saying that I was rude and sold him a defective game and not to buy from me. 

What a douchebag. 

if that were me i would have lost my fucking mind.  i dont fucking get people.

if that were me i would have lost my fucking mind.  i dont fucking get people.

Yeah, it was pretty frustrating. He's left me a few messages bordering on harrassment and another person he bought from replied to his negative feedback for them saying he scammed them for a free game rental too. Hopefully his account gets shut down. Now I get to deal with 96% feedback and 1 out of 4 bad feedback as a seller. 

Yeah, I won that. My max bid was $302.99. I was pleasantly surprised. It's waiting for me at the PO now.

I thought about bidding, but I can't spend $100+ on a record now. I partially thought it might be from the newer pressing but I checked and it's from the first. Congrats.

I think they've added to their willingness to review feedback left. I don't know if that would apply to older feedback, but maybe try pointing out that another seller accused the guy of the exact same thing.

I've already reported the feedback since it was slander and malicious but I'll put in for another review. It can't hurt. 

I thought about bidding, but I can't spend $100+ on a record now. I partially thought it might be from the newer pressing but I checked and it's from the first. Congrats.

Thanks... how do you know it's from the first press? I think the pic that Kurt posted on Facebook from the new press had blank labels, is this how you knew?

Had a guy totally lie in a negative feedback once; briefly entertained the thought of sending him an anonymous letter that said on ___ I was going to murder his family. Figured that probably would be an overreaction 

I wouldn't think death threats, I am too paranoid about the repercussions there haha. I'd think that I could mail him something disgusting or something a little bit later on.