THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

What's up with this seller and others saying "Rare ORIGINAL PRESSING with FOLD OUT NUDE COVER from 2003! Now widely considered one of the MOST RARE of all PERFECT CIRCLE releases."

All copies of this have the same fold out cover from what I've seen. Have any of you guys seen any different versions?

i just bought a copy off of ebay that did not specify this, i'll let you know when i get it...

I have the first edition of this...at least got it when it first came out. I started seeing a lot of eBay descriptions alleging the so-called nude gatefold...it is not nude. All the good parts are covered by her hair...

[image]

[image]

Nothing more than an attempt at clever description to hype it up and overcharge.

Just as a general rant to ebay bidders. What good does it do to big on something 5-6 days before it ends? Especially if you know its something that'll get a lot of attention?? All it can do is jack up the price.

It could be shill bidding. Or, more likely, people just being idiots. I think we've all been there.

^^ Ok...I give in...yeah she's nude but strategically covered. But eBay sellers are using that to overcharge. Oh well.

Yeah. This whole thing with the APC record started a while ago now with one particular seller. He was actually getting $100-$150 for his copies (yes, dudes a dick but that also just shows human stupidity as well). I messaged him and called him on his bullshit but obviously he didn't reply.

It cracks me up when I see auctions that will end at like 7am EST on a Tuesday. Really smart way to ensure you get maximum bids possible...

Worse yet, 2pm on a Thursday. A while ago a copy of Lightning Bolt's "Hypermagic Mountain" ended during the day so it went super cheap. Not everyone can access ebay during work/school etc.

Thanks man. It seems a little too good to be true... but I had just traded my copy to someone here on VC, a few months ago. I've missed it dearly.

That was me! Congrats on finding it that cheap, hopefully you actually get it. On a positive note, your old copy is getting plenty of love over here.

That was me! Congrats on finding it that cheap, hopefully you actually get it. On a positive note, your old copy is getting plenty of love over here.

For a second - just a second - I was under the impression that I had purchased a new TAITA from you, on eBay. Which would be ironic... and would also fail to make any sense. But I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying them!

Regarding this particular eBay purchase: it arrived on Saturday... a mere three days after the date of purchase. Speedy, free shipping? - I do approve. What's more, is that the record was wrapped up in a standard cardboard mailer... and then stuffed inside a giant Fedex box. A box that my turntable would easily fit into. Needless to say, the LPs and jacket are in beautiful condition, and I feel like I genuinely lucked out.

Just as a general rant to ebay bidders. What good does it do to big on something 5-6 days before it ends? Especially if you know its something that'll get a lot of attention?? All it can do is jack up the price.

If I already own a copy I'll throw up a bid early to jack up the price.