OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

Ryan Adams needs to be more self aware and not release everything he records or writes.

Seriously.

Thanks for the re-hash of common mis-conception of something you read from someone on Pitchfork.  Dude's a genius and can release any goddamn thing he pleases, seriously.  Move along.

That really hasn't been an issue for him since 2005.

It's never been an issue for him.  All 3 of those 2005 albums are great and that's where the whole "Ryan Adams releases too much music" stupidity began.  How fans of this guy could possibly complain that he puts out a high volume of material is beyond me.  Just realize that if he does something you may not like, there are others out there who think it's the best thing he's ever done.

An Australian site called ToneDeaf has posted the "full list" of RSD releases, but it's just a copy/paste from the OP:

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/international-news/274076/record-store-day-2013-list.htm

lol literally just copied and pasted from here. thanks for the credit to oojavaguru, tonedeaf, you fuckers.

so how likely is anyone to help me out with picking stuff up? I stood in line for an hour outside the giant shop downtown Bellingham, WA and they never even got any Straylight, Mae, TBS, or Anberlin. I'm assuming a similar outing these year--people in my stupid hippie town don't listen to any good music.

what do you think? there's nothing I'm dying for yet, but i'm just looking for some VC love.

It's never been an issue for him.  All 3 of those 2005 albums are great and that's where the whole "Ryan Adams releases too much music" stupidity began.  How fans of this guy could possibly complain that he puts out a high volume of material is beyond me.  Just realize that if he does something you may not like, there are others out there who think it's the best thing he's ever done.

I agree. I meant more its the last time someone could use that as a dig against him. 

For those in Chicago, if you can head to the Numero pop-up store on RSD and pick me up one of these (whatever this mystery 10" will be), I'll get you any US or UK release you want (but you have to let me know what you want in advance).

http://numerogroup.wordpress.com/2013/03/01/the-worlds-ugliest-test-pressing/

What's up with that Misfits/Lemonheads Skulls 7"? Haven't looked, but I'm wondering who's even putting that out.

One can only hope

At this point, I'm almost looking forward to not buying much, if anything. Expecting a lot of good preorders/shows in the next few months. Would be nice to not blow all that cash on a handful of RSD stuff.

What's up with that Misfits/Lemonheads Skulls 7"? Haven't looked, but I'm wondering who's even putting that out.

At this point, I'm almost looking forward to not buying much, if anything. Expecting a lot of good preorders/shows in the next few months. Would be nice to not blow all that cash on a handful of RSD stuff.

Misfits/Lemonheads split is by Warner Bros. and is part of their Side by Side series

We still don't have the official solicitation lists from Sony, Universal, and ThinkIndie ---those three lists alone would have at minimum 65 releases combined...but likely more.

FYI...for those of you in the UK/EU....it appears that we'll see Glassjaw's El Mark digital only EP released on 12" vinyl for Record Store Day there.

Holy crap! One release I would REALLY want. If it doesn't hit the states, I might have to try and trade one of the US-RSDs for that one.

here's the link to strictly disc's RSD page. i'm sure it'll be updated soon. and some things not on the list there can be found/pre-ordered by just searching the website. they were a big help to me last year--they sent me every item i put in a request for.

http://www.strictlydiscs.com/page/about/us/intheknow?id=234