Po: Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket Lp + 3 7"s

jhulud

• 4 weeks later...

I love how SRC actually cares about the packaging on their releases. The two i have from them are great. And this one looks like its going to be as well. Still dont know if I wouldve gotten it if I didnt get that $25 gift card though... (actually yes I would have. I love this album)

Yeah they don't skimp. They could have easily cut corners and not put inserts with the 7 inches. It's nice to see that something that cost so much is really being done the correct way.

People always bitch about SRC prices but when the final product is out everyone always is happy. SRC seem to care just as much about the records they are pressing as the people buying them. They may be a business but I believe last I checked only 3 people work there. They do it cause they love it and have really built a name for themselves. They have released some really awesome records over the years that otherwise would never of seen the light of day.

People always bitch about SRC prices but when the final product is out everyone always is happy. SRC seem to care just as much about the records they are pressing as the people buying them. They may be a business but I believe last I checked only 3 people work there. They do it cause they love it and have really built a name for themselves. They have released some really awesome records over the years that otherwise would never of seen the light of day.

People bitch about SRC prices when SRC is 2-3 dollars higher than other places. 

People bitch about SRC prices when SRC is 2-3 dollars higher than other places. 

They are looking to make a profit and cover costs of large stock, licensing, and multiple projects being done at once. There are plenty of places you can find things (not just records) more expensive and less expensive. The difference is quality control and size of inventory. SRC keeps quite a lot of stuff in stock while at the same time gets quite a few exclusives which as others have said "They don't cut corners". Nobody is ever forced to buy anything but I would rather pay 2-3 dollars more for a place that carries a large stock or records and releases high quality exclusives than just amazon. SRC never claimed to be anything more than an independent distro that helps gets special exclusives through. They may be pricier but you get what you get.

Some newer small record labels do a great job but only have a few things in stock to focus on. Their projects for getting things pressed are 1 at a time and for the most part are well done. I am not bashing them but when you have a distro that has a huge stock of all sorts of records of all genres and has a big release schedule of reissues, repressings, and first time ever pressings I am sure its gonna have most costs associated with it (also licensing . Shopping smart is the best way to go about things. Order where you can get the best price but take quality of product into concern.

They are looking to make a profit and cover costs of large stock, licensing, and multiple projects being done at once. There are plenty of places you can find things (not just records) more expensive and less expensive. The difference is quality control and size of inventory. SRC keeps quite a lot of stuff in stock while at the same time gets quite a few exclusives which as others have said "They don't cut corners". Nobody is ever forced to buy anything but I would rather pay 2-3 dollars more for a place that carries a large stock or records and releases high quality exclusives than just amazon. SRC never claimed to be anything more than an independent distro that helps gets special exclusives through. They may be pricier but you get what you get.

Some newer small record labels do a great job but only have a few things in stock to focus on. Their projects for getting things pressed are 1 at a time and for the most part are well done. I am not bashing them but when you have a distro that has a huge stock of all sorts of records of all genres and has a big release schedule of reissues, repressings, and first time ever pressings I am sure its gonna have most costs associated with it (also licensing . Shopping smart is the best way to go about things. Order where you can get the best price but take quality of product into concern.

:rolleyes:

Sorry its a crime to respect a distro that for the most part does a good job. I just don't get this unjust rationality that its sacrilegious to have higher prices when nobody ever really takes into account holding costs, multiple licensing fees at once, materials for shipping and more. I would be very surprised if nobody here had a store they would shop at just cause they respected how they do business. If it really boils your blood that people have some innate form of loyalty towards businesses that offer good quality products and not just a points system than sue me.

Also its sad to see Runforcover and Collectivemike reaction. I personally have never had any bad business from either of them and their job is not so different. They have their own ways of keeping costs down and a lot of it has to do with business model and inventory costs. But then again it would be crime to give a shit.

Let's reflect on WHY people don't like SRC, shall we?

1. They got the old boards moved because they used bots to drive traffic to their site.

2. They have things that you can get elsewhere (just wait for RSD) along with a high premium.

3. Many have complained about customer service there.

4. They banned IVWT from the boards.

5 (the big one) The fact that after RJ ran off with everyone's money and gave out a consolation prize, SRC became the exclusive carrier of his products. People who had been taken for their money could no longer use their coupon.

If you want to pledge allegiance to them, fine. Don't make it sound as if everyone here is just trying to hate on people who have a good track record with business ethics, though.

Most of that stuff you listed are past issues. In regards to the RJ problem they refunded everyones money rather quickly. I do get they have customer service issues some times and honestly I have seen a lot less complaints. This is no sort of pledge of allegiance but honestly its just weird to see people bitch and moan about a company than gawk over every release they put out upon release. I don't exclusively shop there nor do I really expect there are people who do but people are so fast to jump to assertions. Honestly I get how some of the things you said would leave a sour taste in some people's mouth but in regards to price thats just business. Take it or leave it. I personally get most of my stuff off Amazon or Interpunk while picking up some exclusives at SRC and then visiting brick and mortar stores. 

I am not crusading for SRC's name I just find it weird that people love to hate them but drool over their products upon release. Honestly if I ever feel they have in some ethical manner harmed me I would probably stop shopping there. I do give you credit though for addressing actual concerns of people rather rolling your eyes in a childish fashion. At the end of the day they are a business that has made mistakes and improved. That can be said about just about business given adequate time and resources. 

That's honestly all that needed to be said...

Let's reflect on WHY people don't like SRC, shall we?

1. They got the old boards moved because they used bots to drive traffic to their site.

2. They have things that you can get elsewhere (just wait for RSD) along with a high premium.

3. Many have complained about customer service there.

4. They banned IVWT from the boards.

5 (the big one) The fact that after RJ ran off with everyone's money and gave out a consolation prize, SRC became the exclusive carrier of his products. People who had been taken for their money could no longer use their coupon.

If you want to pledge allegiance to them, fine. Don't make it sound as if everyone here is just trying to hate on people who have a good track record with business ethics, though.

In regards to #4 IVWT.   I liked the distro when it was around.  The key word there is WAS.  I also used to buy from NERD ALERT, Vinyl Collective,  They operated in what appeared to be an ethical manner with low prices.  The main problem with places like IVWT is that it is often not a sustainable operation.  People lose interest in doing a job for little or no money most the time or even worse, they are forced to quit due to financial losses.   When I give money to SRC I know my money will not be lost.  Sometimes things are a little more expensive there and if it doesnt make sense (ends up cheaper with combined shipping or something) then I dont order there.  I prefer to buy label or artist direct when those options are cheaper.  However, I dont buy from Amazon as I might as well buy it from Walmart with their price matching, below cost - competition undercutting tactics.  The best comparison for SRC (and the fact that there are very few medium to large size modern punk music type distros left is a testament as to how hard it is to run a successful one) is Interpunk.  Interpunk (for all its faults) is a reliable company with a proven track record of growth.  Prices there have been higher than other places and customer service used to be an issue, but people (though not always choosing to buy from there) seem content with their service as you know what you are getting.  SRC is not a non-profit entity where 7"s should cost no more than $3 and shows are always $5 at the door.  Get over it.  They are who they are and in my opinion are getting better.

FAQ:  Am I Serious?

A: Maybe?