CONFESSIONS

that sucks man. now you know you can't lend him stuff. asking him to buy it was a good idea hope it works out. might want to just say some time "hey remember when you borrowed my bass and killed it? that kinda made me mad because if i borrowed something from you i would have returned it the same way i received it." just so it doesn't keep bugging you and effect your friendship.

Confession:

I'm pretty pissed off at one of my best friends even though I keep telling him I'm not.

I lent him a bass when he hurt his hand at work because he couldn't play his six string but didn't want to take a break from jamming. I offered, and he could have said no. The bass was not an expensive one but was in like-new condition. He had it for nearly one year, when I asked for it back so I could look into selling it the thing was beat to all hell. A volume knob was busted off, the other tone knobs were missing, there's several gigantic scratches on it, and it was covered in dust. He acted like he had no idea and offered to buy new knobs, I told him it was way worse then just a couple knobs.

Long story short I suggested he buy it from me for a lot less than it's worth now, he said he would but I doubt he will. I don't think we'll stop being friends but I'd never treat anything loaned to me like that and then not even own up to it or try and fix it somehow.

This incident is like a blood stain on your favorite T-shirt, you can scrub and scrub, and it may fade but will never really go away. Sometimes you might put on a new shit, but the stain is there and you know it is. You can make stain after stain and those may fade, but the stain never goes away sadly. No matter how nice the gesture your friend does is it will never replace how the bass was, and the damage to the bass will leave a stain and it might fade better than the other one but it will always be there no matter how we'll desguised the damage is, it will be there in the back of your head. This is just the tragicty that comes with having friends.

Confession:

I'm pretty pissed off at one of my best friends even though I keep telling him I'm not.

I lent him a bass when he hurt his hand at work because he couldn't play his six string but didn't want to take a break from jamming. I offered, and he could have said no. The bass was not an expensive one but was in like-new condition. He had it for nearly one year, when I asked for it back so I could look into selling it the thing was beat to all hell. A volume knob was busted off, the other tone knobs were missing, there's several gigantic scratches on it, and it was covered in dust. He acted like he had no idea and offered to buy new knobs, I told him it was way worse then just a couple knobs.

Long story short I suggested he buy it from me for a lot less than it's worth now, he said he would but I doubt he will. I don't think we'll stop being friends but I'd never treat anything loaned to me like that and then not even own up to it or try and fix it somehow.

The only friend I ever lost in my whole life was because I caught him cheating in our money fantasy football league (he was the commissioner). 

If he would have just said "I fucked up, sorry" I would have gotten over it. It was only a $20 league or something (still shitty, though). 

Instead he came up with ridiculously implausible excuses for why his lineup changed after games had been played and then started attacking me personally to draw the spotlight off him.

Fuck that guy. Some of my best friends still talk to him occasionally but thankfully he was one of those dudes that fell out of our circle and only hangs on by a few threads now.

Im pretty sure, on a daily basis I wonder why my fiancee is with me. I am on permeant disability, its literally almost impossible for me to work a real job. I am constantly broke, and because Im angry about that (but refuse to express it to her) i get bitchy about the dumbest shit. I constantly think she will soon end our relationship because of my disability, and the things it hold me back from. 

basically what im saying is, for the first time in my life im realizing that Im not capable of ever living a "normal" life, and its fucking scary.

Im pretty sure, on a daily basis I wonder why my fiancee is with me. I am on permeant disability, its literally almost impossible for me to work a real job. I am constantly broke, and because Im angry about that (but refuse to express it to her) i get bitchy about the dumbest shit. I constantly think she will soon end our relationship because of my disability, and the things it hold me back from. 

basically what im saying is, for the first time in my life im realizing that Im not capable of ever living a "normal" life, and its fucking scary.

may i ask what your disability is? /sorry being nosey

may i ask what your disability is? /sorry being nosey

dont be sorry.

Im missing both of my legs just below my knee, I walk with artificial legs. and I am also missing a large portion of my left hand. Just born like that. I mean, I have a good attitude about it for the most part. just realizing that even though there are laws to protect me, most companies view me as a liability and wont hire me due to the fact that I cant stand, or even sit for long periods of time, cant climb ladders, cant lift much.. etc etc

dont be sorry.

Im missing both of my legs just below my knee, I walk with artificial legs. and I am also missing a large portion of my left hand. Just born like that. I mean, I have a good attitude about it for the most part. just realizing that even though there are laws to protect me, most companies view me as a liability and wont hire me due to the fact that I cant stand, or even sit for long periods of time, cant climb ladders, cant lift much.. etc etc

wow man... i totally get where you're coming from--i was born with a cleft lip and palate. in comparison its not as severe by any means but i understand. just the way kids make fun of you and you get the sidelong glances even though you're just a normal person like everyone else. people are judgmental as shit. luckily it hasn't been very debilitating but still sometimes i can be insecure about it. the best thing to do is have a great personality and thats good that you're positive about it--i'm sure your fiancee loves you very much and wouldn't leave you over something petty like that.

wow man... i totally get where you're coming from--i was born with a cleft lip and palate. in comparison its not as severe by any means but i understand. just the way kids make fun of you and you get the sidelong glances even though you're just a normal person like everyone else. people are judgmental as shit. luckily it hasn't been very debilitating but still sometimes i can be insecure about it. the best thing to do is have a great personality and thats good that you're positive about it--i'm sure your fiancee loves you very much and wouldn't leave you over something petty like that.

yea, i was picked on a lot until Jr. High when i learned to make fun of myself. im not worried she'll leave me because of my disability but rather what its holding me back from.. a real job and whatnot. I mean i know she knew what she was getting in to when she started dating me, but all i need to say is she is a much stronger person than I am. she puts up with a lot from me, if i were in her shoes my head would explode.

yea, i was picked on a lot until Jr. High when i learned to make fun of myself. im not worried she'll leave me because of my disability but rather what its holding me back from.. a real job and whatnot. I mean i know she knew what she was getting in to when she started dating me, but all i need to say is she is a much stronger person than I am. she puts up with a lot from me, if i were in her shoes my head would explode.

just don't take it for granted and make sure she knows how much you appreciate her. that's all you can really do. i think its easy to struggle with not thinking you deserve an amazing person like that in your life. i know i'd be nowhere today without my wife.

just don't take it for granted and make sure she knows how much you appreciate her. that's all you can really do. i think its easy to struggle with not thinking you deserve an amazing person like that in your life. i know i'd be nowhere today without my wife.

That's good advice. I try my best to make her know she is appreciated. She most defineatly keeps me grounded as well, haha.