CONFESSIONS

I don't have any friends because I don't trust anyone. My ex took everything I owned to the dump once, and I also found out after being married for some time that he was gay and everywhere we moved he was framing me for stealing from our friends. I had no idea why my friends were dropping like flies. My records are the only thing I now have of any value, and I'll be damned if anyone is going to weasel their way in and take those from me.

Confession:  The girl who made my first 2 years of high school hell's favorite song was Loveless Wrists so I always attach that song to her, but since you love Brand New I guess I would consider you somewhat of a friend.  Deja helped get through that time in a big way, and TDAGARIM too, but Deja moreso.

I'll boost the odds on you if you begin to grow a YoCasey style beard.

I'm incapable of growing a full beard, my facial hair sucks.  :(

alright i'll make a serious confession...

it doesn't seem like that big of a deal nowadays but i feel so weird when i get to know new people (like at my new job) because i'm gay.. like i feel like i'm not being myself. I don't feel comfortable having to explain myself because like I said, it shouldn't be a big deal. But these dudes I work with ask me questions and make statements about how they're sure i get the women and "oh do you think that girl is sexy?" and idk. I'm sort of just playing along for now. It doesn't help that they all make fun of my boss (who is obviously gay) constantly. I just don't know when I'm going to get to the point where I have to say something about it and then have to worry about everyone joking me behind my back and people acting differently towards me. It's all just very blah.

it doesn't seem like that big of a deal nowadays but i feel so weird when i get to know new people (like at my new job) because i'm gay.. like i feel like i'm not being myself. I don't feel comfortable having to explain myself because like I said, it shouldn't be a big deal. But these dudes I work with ask me questions and make statements about how they're sure i get the women and "oh do you think that girl is sexy?" and idk. I'm sort of just playing along for now. It doesn't help that they all make fun of my boss (who is obviously gay) constantly. I just don't know when I'm going to get to the point where I have to say something about it and then have to worry about everyone joking me behind my back and people acting differently towards me. It's all just very blah.

you work with assholes. we have one gay guy who works with us, and we all love him and hang out and drink beer with him. too bad his boyfriend doesn't hang as much. dudes, one of the few people at my work that i actually enjoy conversing with. 

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? You wipe standing up? Sorry to get graphic here but this is a discussion I've had many a time...why you would stand from your previously seated position, risk a stubborn hanger dropping onto your pants, and presumably pull your ass cheek to get a solid wipe rather than just do a seated leg lift is beyond me.

So I've actually put some thought into this. I've figured out that the reason why I wipe staninding up has to do with the way that my childhood bathroom was layed out. I'm right handed and therefore wipe with my right hand. But my childhood bathroom had the toilet directly next to the wall on the right side. And there just simply wasn't enough room for me to lean and wipe. Therefore I had to stand up.

I'm "straight" and still feel weird around assholes like that. They can fuck off.

So you sit down to pee?

while we're talking bathroom behaviors: I sit down to pee (unless it's a public toilet that's gross) and I do both when it comes to wiping.  once I moved into a place where I had to clean my own bathroom, peeing sitting down seemed like the only smart thing to do (just because you aim doesn't mean that's where it's gonna go, am I right?), and I always end #2 with a stand up wipe so I can visually make sure it's all clean (clean butt => clean wipe).  guys who stand up pee in their friend's clean bathroom are super inconsiderate.

as for real confessions,

1) it sucks when you're single and you know you're moving in less than a year.  I like to think I'm a "catch" (smart, nice, responsible, considerate, at least kinda funny, not horribly disfigured, etc., albeit slightly crazy), but I'm graduating with a PhD in august and moving to missouri to work at MU, so that tends to limit dating opportunities -- for instance, I started dating a girl last june, but it ended in october because she was afraid of the idea of a long-distance relationship (or so she said).  and since my job in columbia, mo is a two year gig, I need to act fast there, too, otherwise I'll be a lame-duck all over again.  no pressure...

2) it sucks when [a] you're shy and don't like attention and you're good at not bringing attention to yourself, because that seems to make finding/meeting girls difficult.  how do I get girls to notice me when I've spent the last ~20 years becoming an expert in going unnoticed?

3) it sucks when you're a single guy and most/all of your close friends are datable girls.  I find myself alternating between feeling shitty that they don't appear to be interested ("woe is me") or feeling angry/slighted ("does she think I'm not good enough for her?  wtf?"), both of which inevitably lead to me feeling shitty for being unfair to my friends.  I mean, I have female friends who I think are super awesome even though I'm not attracted to them, so why should I get upset when they do the same?  note: these thoughts/feelings are solely in my head and generally don't impact how I actually interact with them.

and because of these, it should come as no surprise that I listen to a lot of pop-punk, though I swear it's just a coincidence... :)

4) I cut my own hair, not because I'm cheap/poor (I am cheap, but I've got plenty of money), but because I hate the stress involved with going somewhere and getting it done (simple things tend to stress me out).  bought some clippers for ~$15 and gradually fade from about an inch long in the middle to 1/8" at the bottom with a beard that's 1/4" at the sideburns and 1/2" at my chin.  touch it up once every week or two (i.e., once the hair around my ears gets annoying).  for the record, I've been cutting my own hair for almost two years and I was no less single before than I am now.

I also enjoy writing long comments (and putting semi-relevant things in parentheses).

it's guys like these that caused me to choose to have mostly female friends

4) I cut my own hair, not because I'm cheap/poor (I am cheap, but I've got plenty of money), but because I hate the stress involved with going somewhere and getting it done (simple things tend to stress me out).  bought some clippers for ~$15 and gradually fade from about an inch long in the middle to 1/8" at the bottom with a beard that's 1/4" at the sideburns and 1/2" at my chin.  touch it up once every week or two (i.e., once the hair around my ears gets annoying).  for the record, I've been cutting my own hair for almost two years and I was no less single before than I am now.

Why not try out getting a haircut sometime it sound's vain as hell but as someone mentioned before on here it's a quick way to feel good about yourself. Maybe it'll outweigh the stress factor

V drunk at. A birthday party and drinking and burping on a couch while some dude tries to tell me bout his life cool

i have a buddy who likes to make first impressions with women by talking about his "ass flushing"(high colonic) episodes or how his mastery of cunnilingus skills have given him a rep on provider boards. 

Yeah, you shouldn't have to put up with that BS. How old are the dudes at work?

i have a buddy who likes to make first impressions with women by talking about his "ass flushing"(high colonic) episodes or how his mastery of cunnilingus skills have given him a rep on provider boards.

What is 'provider boards'?? Do I even want to know?

Ugh that's almost as bad as this guy at my school who takes so much pride in how he's great at negging girls, which is were you approach a girl and insult and slightly compliment her to catch her off guard then you butter with more of these shitty complements and get her number, that guy pisses me off so much. Mostly because it actually works and he's the type to "hit it and quit it"