PO: The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

I intentionally skipped all the album previews and even the single[s?] to avoid spoilers... and I'm glad I did. I gave Illumination Ritual a whirl last night... and cliché as it may sound, it was certainly an experience. Very glad I held out, personally. It was pretty much exactly what I expected a new Appleseed album to sound like, and I mean that in the best way possible. I can sense that it already has room to grow, but I was rather pleased on the first, attentive go-through.

This album is just about everything I look for in music now. It's pretty much perfect.

I'm on the fence about labeling it as perfect, so soon, but I'm in agreement with the rest.  It's literally everything I was hoping the new Appleseed album would sound like.  I usually make fun of people who blurt out AOTY! prematurely, but I've been thinking about everything that's been released in 2013 so far... and I've got to say that this trumps most of it.

I'm on the fence about labeling it as perfect, so soon, but I'm in agreement with the rest.  It's literally everything I was hoping the new Appleseed album would sound like.  I usually make fun of people who blurt out AOTY! prematurely, but I've been thinking about everything that's been released in 2013 so far... and I've got to say that this trumps most of it.

Well, AOTY so far.