PO: The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

I still need to listen to the Casket Girls ep and the Dott 7" downloads, but the Casket Girls debut was really enjoyable.

And unrelated other than it has some bit to do with The Appleseed Cast, but I notice a used copy of Peregrine for $15 at a local store. Anybody interested if it's still there and in good condition when I get back around to the shop?

I got my 180g black copy yesterday and spun it shortly after. I'm biased because I'm a big Appleseed Cast fan, but this album rules. Seems to blend their past efforts together to form a mature, refined sound. Love it. I look forward to wearing this record out.

P.S. : Graveface packs records well. I loved my extra pixie stick/eraser schwag.!

I got my 180g black copy yesterday and spun it shortly after. I'm biased because I'm a big Appleseed Cast fan, but this album rules. Seems to blend their past efforts together to form a mature, refined sound. Love it. I look forward to wearing this record out.

P.S. : Graveface packs records well. I loved my extra pixie stick/eraser schwag.!

Hi. We should be best friends because of your avatar and love for the appleseed cast.

Can't beat that $15 ppd.

I hope my RC package ships today or tomorrow. I'm itching with anticipation for this. Sucks that the package was delayed over a cassette for another release. I would have gladly gone without the cassette to have this now.

Ya, I was pretty bummed when I heard that it was a cassette that was backing the order up.  I am really excited for both albums but the recent cassette fad always seemed like nonsense to me unless you have an old car that only has a tape player

I just got a shipping notification, but I don't know if it's for the GRC package or the RSD purchase of Deftones & Miles Davis from Graveface Records and Curiosities...

Anyone else get a shipping notification for this Record Club shipment?

I haven't gotten my RC shipping notification yet

I just got a shipping notification, but I don't know if it's for the GRC package or the RSD purchase of Deftones & Miles Davis from Graveface Records and Curiosities...

Anyone else get a shipping notification for this Record Club shipment?

I dont think they send out tracking numbers for RC shipments or at least I dont ever remember getting one in the past, Ryan just sends out a general email to RC folks saying thigs are going out.  There was a post today on the graveface subreddit that said they got their RC package today so I would expect them to be arriving in relatively short order

I was going to wait until 10 listens to post, but I received -- unannounced-- the black vinyl and /1200 1 week ago (before joining the RC to get that variant and a Test haha).  Haven't received the RC stuff yet...

Well -- after 7 or 8 spins on the Black vinyl, I would venture to say there is something for everyone who's ever liked any AC release.  I don't hear a lot of LLO era, but most everything since then. The first pass through, I wasn't slain by anything in particular-- which I've learned is not a bad sign at all with AC... and each subsequent listen it just keeps getting better and better  :)   I'm thoroughly satisfied with Illumination Ritual so far-- and it turned so much differently than I had imagined from some of the earlier released practice sessions they put out there.

Oh yeah, every one *has* to list a favorite track, since so far IR doesn't sound like one long track subdivided (to me), but overall flows really well:  my favorite so far is.... Barrier Islands (Do We Remain).   

Jakob is going to be my AOTY- if they can every get that sucka released ugh!!- already a given, but pretty sure IR will be top ten,unless other surprises in 2013.