PO: The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

I just signed up for the Record Club to get Illumination Ritual and Olivia wrote back that they have these other past RC titles available:

Gramma's Boyfriend- "The Human Eye"
Toman- "Postrockhits Vol II"
Serengeti- "Saal"
The Casket Girls- S/T
Dott- "Button" 7"

Any of these must haves?

I really like Toman.

Their previous album is one of my faves ever.

Dott and Gramma's Boyfriend were both surprisingly good rocking chick fronted bands.

Casket Girls is also lady fronted (snicker) and is Ryan's poppiest outlet and Serengeti is some good hip-hop... I hope he adds more of that stuff to his label.

KidSyc@Brandywine played Graveface Fest and I was really hoping they'd land on the label.

Hip-hop with a solid live band that was fucking tight!

I really like Toman.

Their previous album is one of my faves ever.

Dott and Gramma's Boyfriend were both surprisingly good rocking chick fronted bands.

Casket Girls is also lady fronted (snicker) and is Ryan's poppiest outlet and Serengeti is some good hip-hop... I hope he adds more of that stuff to his label.

KidSyc@Brandywine played Graveface Fest and I was really hoping they'd land on the label.

Hip-hop with a solid live band that was fucking tight!

Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!

Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!

I think that graveface has a soundcloud page and bandcamp plus the store site usually lets you check out at least one track from each album.

I seriously urge you (and everyone else) to check out Toman's Where Wolves Wear Wolf Wear... it is sooooooo good!

Figured this was an alright place to put this. Seems Appleseed Cast stopped by Daytrotter studios and recorded a set with them. Mostly stuff from IR but also a track called Bury Your Island that I couldn't find on any info on. Anyway, here ya go:

http://www.daytrotter.com/#!/concert/the-appleseed-cast/20056729-37383833

Figured this was an alright place to put this. Seems Appleseed Cast stopped by Daytrotter studios and recorded a set with them. Mostly stuff from IR but also a track called Bury Your Island that I couldn't find on any info on. Anyway, here ya go:

http://www.daytrotter.com/#!/concert/the-appleseed-cast/20056729-37383833

Thanks for posting. Bury Your Island sounds likes a really rough and lean version of my favorite off IR, Barrier Islands (Do We Remain).

Thanks for posting. Bury Your Island sounds likes a really rough and lean version of my favorite off IR, Barrier Islands (Do We Remain).

Bury Your Island, Barrier Island. They're practically one in the same name. I knew the track sounded extremely familiar but couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for the clarification.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally came across a copy of Sagarmatha at Flat Black and Circular in East Lansing, MI last weekend (along with some DJ Q-Bert, Girl in a Coma, Tortoise, Charles Mingus & Hank Mobley)

Has anyone gotten the second pressing of Illumination Ritual yet?

It's supposed to be Swamp Green and Aqua Blue.