PO: The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

I've given this thing about 10-15 listens, since Sunday night. I feel that it's incredible, like always the drums are killer. LLOV1, was the first thing I ever heard from these guys, and the drums are what stood out the most. Same with Peregrine, drums on there are lovely as well. Anyways, I don't really see any negatives about this record, they have used all the standard AC trademarks and added a little extra here and there. It's awesome.

I've given this thing about 10-15 listens, since Sunday night. I feel that it's incredible, like always the drums are killer. LLOV1, was the first thing I ever heard from these guys, and the drums are what stood out the most. Same with Peregrine, drums on there are lovely as well. Anyways, I don't really see any negatives about this record, they have used all the standard AC trademarks and added a little extra here and there. It's awesome.

It's weird that, with all those albums, there have been different drummers. I'm glad they know how to choose them.

I love Two Conversations. I think it's my favorite AC record. I don't think it's their best but I love it because it's their most accessible work. Knowing where they came from to write those songs, I think it shows that this band could be a popular band if they wanted to write radio friendly music. But, they write what they want and seem to appreciate the attention they get for that. I respect it.

I fell in love with them in 2000/2001. Probably one of my favorite bands who started near at the same time I was beginning college and continued to progress through my early 30's as I progress. 

LLO is how I got introduced to A/C via the postrock byways...and the rest is history, fell hook, line and sinker for the rest, every last one. They opened my musical ears to many more bands i would have never checked out.

I love Two Conversations. I think it's my favorite AC record. I don't think it's their best but I love it because it's their most accessible work. Knowing where they came from to write those songs, I think it shows that this band could be a popular band if they wanted to write radio friendly music. But, they write what they want and seem to appreciate the attention they get for that. I respect it. 

I fell in love with them in 2000/2001. Probably one of my favorite bands who started near at the same time I was beginning college and continued to progress through my early 30's as I progress. 

^^^

got the mp3's on IR, holding out for vinyl, but there isn't a "GF has sent you package" email soon, I might cave this weekend :unsure:

At this point, Two Conversations is my favorite Appleseed record, but I've yet to listen to Illumination.  Mare Vitalis is a close second.

It's weird how similar all the drummers have sounded to one another, it's also weird that I've known the current drummer Nathan since he was a little kid.  Crazy that we used to talk about how much we love Appleseed, and now he plays with them.  

New album's great. Mare Vitalis has always been my favorite, though, with Peregrine following it. I ended up really liking Three Rivers from Middle State, but it's honestly probably something best left done once. The main thing I remember from Sagarmatha is Like a Locust. That song felt very different, but still loved the overall album. I am an unabashed fan boy, though. I'm really excited to receive the RC package with a "test" copy.