Oblivion - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

been listening to this (digitally) pretty much non-stop over the last few days. love it. 

Same here.

I also just ordered M83's Hurry Up, We're Dreaming a couple of days ago, don't know why I didn't own it yet. When these two arrive, I cannot imagine many other records getting to sit on top of my platter in the coming weeks.

Just got this today. Is anybody else have alot of static? Mine has a TON also I noticed it looks like inside the wax is a bunch of black shit. Looks like big pieces of plastic broken off and was melted into the vinyl. Mine also had a ton of dust and little pieces of something all over it when I pulled it out of the sleeve. 

Just got this today. Is anybody else have alot of static? Mine has a TON also I noticed it looks like inside the wax is a bunch of black shit. Looks like big pieces of plastic broken off and was melted into the vinyl. Mine also had a ton of dust and little pieces of something all over it when I pulled it out of the sleeve. 

you should be cleaning your vinyl before you play it anyway

My copy of Oblivion from Mondo got returned to them because USPS decided after 2 years of shipping things to me that my mailing address was "undeliverable".  Mondo said they're gonna re-send it once they get it back...  Cannot wait to see how much damage this sustains after being shipped in 4 different directions.  F-U-C-K.

Okay, cards on the table. I slept on M83. Someone tell me what albums of theirs I need.

Their last release, Hurry Up, We're Dreaming, is by far my favorite. I find it quite a stray from their previous work, so I guess it's best to start at the end and work backwards. Though you should definitely check out Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts as well.

uh0XVQx.jpg

Okay, cards on the table. I slept on M83. Someone tell me what albums of theirs I need.

To be honest with you, none of them are going to sound like the Oblivion OST.  Just throwing that out there.  I don't know how much (or how little) you know of M83, but his / their earlier work is far more instrumental.  I'm inclined to suggest Hurry Up, We're Dreaming, as slinch suggested.  I think it's a pretty fantastic album from start to finish, though it is jam-packed with pop-hooks and 80s synth, and a bit of everything else.  Very different from the OST, but so very awesome.  And from there I'd probably work backwards.

I just grabbed a copy from Mondo. Are they now selling black copies or did clear magically reappear? Either way, I'm stoked to own this. Haven't seen the film but the soundtrack rules.

I'm also wondering about this. After hearing the soundtrack I really want to own this. Haven't seen the film, but the music is killer.

The first album i listened to by them was Before the dawn heals us, I always change my order of favs. But today its;

Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts

Saturdays=Youth

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Before the dawn heals us

Self titled

Digital Shades

All of them are amazing albums though