I called best Buy and they said I should get a replacement code by the end of the week (but I am doubtful.)

Ben - did you get a replacement code(s)? Earlier this morning I used 3 codes to buy two records that were in stock at the time only to have BB cancel it 20 minutes later; hoping my codes aren't gone.

You still need to enter the CVV for your credit card for it to process

Nah it's not that, I've tried it with both credit (including CVV) and paypal. I get an error message either way, but if I knock off one code it goes through. I'm just wondering if they changed the system to require a minimum amount paid for any order...in which case the game changes from ordering in exact $10 increments to ordering to be a dollar over, I suppose.

So I just got my first "Cannot verify your information" email cancellation for purchasing something backordered.

I then created an account using my work email and tried to order something from there using a $10 code.

And that order got cancelled too.

I read some BB.com customer support  forums that said that orders will get cancelled if they're purchased from an IP address that isn't marked "residential" (which is just plain dumb if you ask me) and since I'm not at home, I think this might be the issue.

So my question is this, and I'm not sure if it was fully answered before:
Is my account now permanently flagged? Will I be unable to make any more orders?
Or have people who had orders instantly cancelled been able to order from their account again later?

I have had orders instantly cancel and then I get codes from other orders placed after. I just placed an order maybe like two hours ago and it canceled instantly, but last night I ordered the same product and it didn't cancel. It's a strange system. Somebody had said that they believed it was a time of day thing, and that may be accurate. All of my orders have been from home, none from non-residential IPs.

I read some BB.com customer support  forums that said that orders will get cancelled if they're purchased from an IP address that isn't marked "residential" (which is just plain dumb if you ask me) and since I'm not at home, I think this might be the issue.

That doesn't really make any sense to me.  Where exactly the IP address is being used isn't public information, the closest that can happen is they can ballpark an area.  The ISP would have to be queried to find out what address that IP is being used at and I can't imagine they'd just give it to BestBuy.

Also, I cannot answer your questions :D

So I just got my first "Cannot verify your information" email cancellation for purchasing something backordered.

I then created an account using my work email and tried to order something from there using a $10 code.

And that order got cancelled too.

So my question is this, and I'm not sure if it was fully answered before:

Is my account now permanently flagged? Will I be unable to make any more orders?

Or have people who had orders instantly cancelled been able to order from their account again later?

I can't answer your questions as I am in the same boat. I got that e-mail for the first time on Monday, although it was for 2 in-stock items that I tried to buy with 3 codes (and $3 on a credit card). I have tried to place four other orders since then using the same account (all without codes) on back-ordered or special order items, varying both the time of day (morning vs. afternoon) and payment source/method (credit card vs. PayPal) and all have auto-canceled within 20 minutes.

All orders were placed from work though, so I will try one from home tonight to see if it makes a difference.

That doesn't really make any sense to me.  Where exactly the IP address is being used isn't public information, the closest that can happen is they can ballpark an area.  The ISP would have to be queried to find out what address that IP is being used at and I can't imagine they'd just give it to BestBuy.

Also, I cannot answer your questions :D

Doesn't make sense to me either, but a Best Buy representative said it:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/Order-cancelled-quot-because-we-were-unable-to-verify-your/m-p/702393

Then again, they could just say something like that so that people will drop the conversation.

I have had orders instantly cancel and then I get codes from other orders placed after. I just placed an order maybe like two hours ago and it canceled instantly, but last night I ordered the same product and it didn't cancel. It's a strange system. Somebody had said that they believed it was a time of day thing, and that may be accurate.

Every order I have ever made with them has been from work. 

I have had 2 things declined as not verifiable.  I have then re-bought them with out changing anything and they went through fine.

Lost a few codes...but Im not going to cry about losing free things...

Hmm. I guess I'll just try again later then. Thanks for the help!

I can't answer your questions as I am in the same boat. I got that e-mail for the first time on Monday, although it was for 2 in-stock items that I tried to buy with 3 codes (and $3 on a credit card). I have tried to place four other orders since then using the same account (all without codes) on back-ordered or special order items, varying both the time of day (morning vs. afternoon) and payment source/method (credit card vs. PayPal) and all have auto-canceled within 20 minutes.

All orders were placed from work though, so I will try one from home tonight to see if it makes a difference.

I get them cancelling orders with codes in them. What I don't get is them cancelling orders without codes.

Their system is so weird.

I mean, this whole thread is testament to that.

Could it be related to how many open orders (or open back ordered items) you have on your account or shipping address?

I had this same issue, waited two week(during which some orders auto cancelled which generated codes as usual or the items shipped), then all was fine and have been ordering ever since

Could it be related to how many open orders (or open back ordered items) you have on your account or shipping address?

I had this same issue, waited two week(during which some orders auto cancelled which generated codes as usual or the items shipped), then all was fine and have been ordering ever since

The theory is as good as any, I'd say.

Every order I have placed has been from work.  I've gotten the intsa-cancel 3 times, but ordered the same items that canceled 2 days later and they went through.  And that was when I only had two or three open orders.  I have since made several orders when I've had more open orders and they went through.  All of my insta-cancels have been on morning orders; however, every order I've placed has been in the morning.  I have the records shipped to work, which is a different address than my billing address.  And I've had both paypal and cc orders cancel. I haven't found anything consistently that results in the insta-cancel.  The uncertainty makes me hesitant to place a 6-8 code order...

Every order I have placed has been from work.  I've gotten the intsa-cancel 3 times, but ordered the same items that canceled 2 days later and they went through.  And that was when I only had two or three open orders.  I have since made several orders when I've had more open orders and they went through.  All of my insta-cancels have been on morning orders; however, every order I've placed has been in the morning.  I have the records shipped to work, which is a different address than my billing address.  And I've had both paypal and cc orders cancel. I haven't found anything consistently that results in the insta-cancel.  The uncertainty makes me hesitant to place a 6-8 code order...

If you, or anyone else for that matter, places an order for an item that is in-stock and you use codes, and it's cancelled, seriously give Best Buy a call.  There's absolutely no reason an order for a product that is in-stock would be insta-cancelled, especially if you're paying a little bit extra on the order for the part the codes didn't pay for.  I would love to hear their explanation for that.  At the very least, they should be able to fix the fact that it was cancelled and fulfill your order.