What does this mean? Autocancelling could mean they are sold out... Or try x'ing out of your browser and restarting. It's happened to me

Yesterday I made an order and a few minutes later I got an email from BB saying the order is canceled. Tried it again with the same results. This was when those records were all still available.

Does best buy usually deliver with items that are backordered? Most everything I want to get it back ordered.

Not sure, but if they're running this sale at a loss to try to dump extra stock, as everyone seems to think, then it doesn't make any sense for them to order more vinyl to fulfill backorders. I would think they'll just cancel the order, but I guess it's worth trying.

BB will "authorize" your credit card but won't actually charge it until it ships. Usually it's 4 weeks. After 2 weeks, they'll sent you an email letting you know your item is "still on backorder, but you have options." A couple days out, they'll send a second email saying they're sorry they STILL don't have your item in, and they might have to cancel it in a few days. Then around the 4th or 5th week, you'll get the "we have to cancel your item, but we feel really bad so we'll send you a discount coupon in 24 hours" email.

Shockingly, that final discount email never arrives. (It used to. Not anymore.) 

Of course, if they DO get copies of your item in, they'll just send you a shipping notice. Your CC will be automatically charged then.

This thread is bumping again with the killer BB sale.  And, of course, everyone is asking questions about the back ordered/cancellation/code getting process again.  Every single one of these questions have been answered in this thread, but I'll attempt to summarize the process for the people asking again.

1.) Place an order on a back ordered item.  If ordering using a credit card, they authorize that amount but don't actually charge you until you get shipping confirmation.  If using PayPal, they take the amount from your account and will refund it if the item is cancelled.

2.) You initially get an e-mail saying that its on back order and not expected until a certain window of dates (usually a month or so out).  You'll get this e-mail regardless of if BB will actually be able to fill the order or not. (In other words, some items will never be filled and others will.)

3.) After about two weeks of your order not being filled, BB will send another e-mail asking if you want to cancel your order or find a similar item.  In that e-mail will be a date that your order will be cancelled on if they can't fill it.  Just ignore this e-mail.

4.) If the cancel date comes and your order never shipped, you'll receive a cancellation e-mail (at this point the release the authorization on your credit card or refund your PayPal).  In this e-mail, there is a promise to 'make it up to you' with a discount code coming in 2-3 business days.

5.) Usually (but not always, sometimes its spotty), you'll get a follow up e-mail with a $5 (used to be $10) code to be used on a BB purchase.

These codes are good for a month and can only be used five (used to be ten) at a time.  You can place multiple orders on one item that you are certain will cancel, but there is no use in placing more than one order per day as BB only sends one code e-mail per day.  In other words, if two items cancel on the same day, you'll only get one code.  Also, this process has gotten much harder as BB has FINALLY started listing items as sold out online.  So determining what back ordered items will cancel versus what items will ship is much more difficult.

One other hilarious fact, if you order a back ordered item that you think will cancel and it actually ships, you can return that item to your local BB and they will refund the purchase (but not the shipping).  I've done this twice and both time the returns salesperson actually had to look up my account (where there were tons of cancelled items listed) and he didn't even notice/care/figure out what was going on.  Pretty funny.

Hope that helps.

Also, if you disapprove of people exploiting this loophole, don't bother posting about it- many people have already expressed their feelings about it.  Its not worth re-hashing.  Just don't participate it in.

I got most of my order yesterday.

For anyone wondering, I got these variants for the following:

Deafheaven - Sunbather - Baby Pink & Piss Yellow (not sure what pressing, there are multiple with this color)

Converge - Axe to Fall - White/2000 1st press Deathwish

Touche Amore - Is Survived By - Opaque Blue/11,499 1st press