Tool - Opiate 21st aniv. re-issue.

Apparently they are all sold now? Seriously how did they sell 25,000 cds with no bonus material in a few days. Are their signatures that big of a deal? Can anyone think of another band that has even sold a cd for $150 before? I know Maynard doesn't care but i had always hoped the rest of the band were above raping their fans like this.

This goes to show that hardcore TOOL fans are willing and oftentimes able to drop major bucks on shit like this. And NIN fans. And Melvins fans.

Oh hey, I'm all three of those. How 'bout that!

I'm not surprised they sold out, I'm surprised the band would sell them for THAT much. Total joke.

Thought this was funny...

AVC: Do you feel out of touch with your audience?

MJK: For the most part, I have no idea who those people are—especially when we're traveling through Europe. And it's not all our fault; it's a whole series of events. [You play] heavy music, and your record company, which has never owned an album anything like what you're doing, immediately markets you to the obvious stinky kid with the dreadlocks and the B.O. and the urine on his shoes because he's been sleeping in his own filth in a festival in the middle of the rain. They basically market right to that guy. And then you realize the only people showing up to your shows are those primates—these weird, cretin people… Then, let's say you're at a coffee shop, and you've got a friend sitting next to you, and you've been reading some Noam Chomsky, or you're reading The Onion, and you look over and see a bunch of kids [who] look like they could be made of cheese, because there are flies everywhere. And you go, "Hey, you want to go where they're going?" and everybody goes, "Fuck no." And they're wearing Tool shirts. Why would you want to go there? Why would anybody other than those kids wanna go see Tool if that's our representative in that area? So it ends up being a no-win situation. Of course, that's a completely extreme example.

Yeah, reading this would make me feel good about shelling over $150 for a shitty EP....

You can snag a BIN on ebaY now for $275.00, auctions over $200 ;)

If Maynard would just hum or sing like Jonsi, in glossolalia, use his voice as another instrument, I would probably like more than just Lateralus, as they are talented musicians, esp Danny. There is even Karaoke Tool and the Strings dedications releases that I used to listen to from time to time haha

Last tour my son tells me MJK flips off the audience to say "Thanks, you TV watching-video-game-playing-sheeple-brainless idiots." Plus, He knows he's an entertainer, a jester, with an IQ >100, and reads Jung-- but really preaches hard from his pulpit. Probably the biggest hypocrite himself in the modern music scene right now. "Think for yourself" / "Question Authority" while he authoritatively preaches to you what you should do/think! Double F*ing hypocrite he is (what do you call a hypocrite who calls out other hypocrites?).  Think about it, tooligans.

Rant over re: TOOL, such a shame for such musicianship.

That being said, spend your money on what you want to, seriously. MJK is mocking you all the way to his vineyards.

Opiate is in no way, shape or a form a "shitty EP." 

And yes, there's plenty of complete dipshits that worship Tool. But there's also plenty of normal folks that happen to be huge fans as well.

right, 'blood and cum and shit..shit the bed' are other albums

Opiate is -- from toolshed:

I should

kick you,
beat you,
fuck you,
and then shoot you in your fucking head.*

* All references to "shoot you in your fucking head" are now performed live as "fuck you in your fucking ass" -- clearly a more appropriate message for the times.

I say...

"Go fuck yourself,
you piece of shit.
Why don't you go kill yourself?"

Just kidding.

this is insane!

but think about it: why should they waste the money paying for creating/producing/promoting a new album when they can just take 6 song EP that made them famous 20 years ago, rework the art and sell it 1500% more money than it originally cost. maybe its covering the legal fees for getting ownership back.

personally, i'd rather see them make a new album.

It all comes down to money and TOOL fans are willing to sell their left arms to go to show. It's pretty sad but at the same time, they (the fans) do it to themselves.

I'm a HUGE nine inch nails fan, but if TR were to start talking about us fans this way (and no, I don't wear dirty clothes nor skip out on showers) I would be beyond offended and refuse to support him any longer.

right, 'blood and cum and shit..shit the bed' are other albums

Opiate is -- from toolshed:

I should

kick you,

beat you,

fuck you,

and then shoot you in your fucking head.*

* All references to "shoot you in your fucking head" are now performed live as "fuck you in your fucking ass" -- clearly a more appropriate message for the times.

I say...

"Go fuck yourself,

you piece of shit.

Why don't you go kill yourself?"

Just kidding.

Your point? Are you saying they suck just because they have some foul language in their songs? People can say what they will about Tool all day but the music is great.