PO: Sigur Rós - Kveikur (new album on 2XLP)

YES! arrived today! Perfect condition! 

However, anyone else notice a very loud POP for the last 15 seconds of track 1 and lead into track 2, on disc 1 side A? May just be an unlucky scratch done while at the plant....

I was hoping for a special spot for the 10" like in TAKK....but happy to have those bonus songs on wax! Packaging is all slick and nice like all SR releases! Inside cover reminded me too much of Radiohead Amnesiac though! 

sounds brilliant BTW, and in my humble opinion the best record of 2013! 

I have this pop as well (actually 3 pops).  Bummer. 

i wish i'd ordered from the XL link.  i missed the boat on the amoeba preorder for the expanded set so i ordered from whatever link sigur ros' mailing list sends me, the one that ships from montreal.  it cost me $15 shipping and i just got notice of shipping today and it said that it would take 10-15 days to get here.  WTF WTF WTF.

i wish i'd ordered from the XL link. i missed the boat on the amoeba preorder for the expanded set so i ordered from whatever link sigur ros' mailing list sends me, the one that ships from montreal. it cost me $15 shipping and i just got notice of shipping today and it said that it would take 10-15 days to get here. WTF WTF WTF.

U should of!!! I got mine from XL over a week before it came out!!!

U should of!!! I got mine from XL over a week before it came out!!!

ya, at the time that i placed the order, it slipped my mind and i didn't really think about it until someone posted the link a couple pages back.  then i thought "oh well, i'm paying a little extra in shipping but i don't have to pay tax and $8 extra isn't really that horrible..." but that came with the caveat that i thought i'd get it at the same time or close to when others have been getting theirs from XL.  instead, they waited until 2 days after release day to ship it so it's kind of annoying, but oh well, whatever, i'll get it eventually.

i wish i'd ordered from the XL link.  i missed the boat on the amoeba preorder for the expanded set so i ordered from whatever link sigur ros' mailing list sends me, the one that ships from montreal.  it cost me $15 shipping and i just got notice of shipping today and it said that it would take 10-15 days to get here.  WTF WTF WTF.

What link was that? I'm in Montreal. I had cancelled my order on Amazon & saw it at my local shop but figured it could wait.

What link was that? I'm in Montreal. I had cancelled my order on Amazon & saw it at my local shop but figured it could wait.

http://sigur-ros-store.com/kveikur/

and this is from the shipping confirmation email i got earlier today:

ps. Your vinyl went out on Thursday from our Montreal warehouse using USPS First-Class Mail, which should take approximately 10-15 days.

i just looked at tracking and it said it was in NY now so it'll probably take less than 10 days...

yK3FCtT.jpg

About damn time! I've been holding out on listening to the MPFrees I downloaded. No significant pop on my A-Side. And thankfully no corner dings. The art is a little disappointing. And I wish they made a true deluxe version, similar to Takk... to house both LPs and the 10". Oh well. Gorgeous album.