PO: Sigur Rós - Kveikur (new album on 2XLP)

I didn't notice any pop on any of the sides, although the first few seconds of side A were a bit noisy (but it's a noisy track in general).

Is it worth contacting Amoeba about a ding? I doubt they would do much. I know Soundstage once sent me $10 back when I complained about a seam split. Amazon has been really good and quick about replacing anything I've gotten that was damaged.

I'm more worried about my Like Clockwork that just came from Bull Moose. Huge bend on the front of the jacket.

Amoeba sent me the BTS RSD release with one corner beat up pretty badly... but the records played fine. I sent them a couple pics of the bent corner and they knocked off 15% for me since I told them I didn't want to go to the hassle of returning it.

It's worth emailing them if you're really concerned.

Got Kveikur from amazon.co.uk today, arrived in mint condition. The artwork really is a letdown, but the pressing quality seems top notch - polylined inner sleeves, records flat and clean...

Yea I think all of us were a little let down! I love the front cover, but everything else didnt feel like them (more like radiohead) and other than the black poly sleeves nothing was sleek like usual....Valtari packaging was beautiful compared to this! Nonetheless, this album is the best music of 2013 (or among the best, in other opinions) 

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this, but I just got this album the other day along with Hvarf/Heim. These are my very first Sigur Ros purchases. Just finished listening to this and I was floored with how good this was. Definitely mad at myself for not listening to these guys sooner. Hoping to have time to give Hvarf/Heim a listen tomorrow.

Between this and Mogwai, I'm glad to see you're expanding your horizons into some quality jams, good sir.  Not to imply there was anything wrong with the music you're already familiar with, it's just nice to see fellow VCers appreciate wholesome music outside of Thrice / Blink-182 / Brand New / Balance & Composure / Circa Survive / City & Colour.

Thanks man! It really is amazing at how much fantastic music there is out there that I've taken so long to get into. In the past few months alone, this board has really helped me get into Sigur Ros, Deafheaven, and Boards Of Canada. Also Mogwai as well, but to a somewhat lesser extent because I still have yet to pick up any of their albums. All groups I probably wouldn't have given the time of day if it weren't for all the hype behind them on here. All hype that is more than warranted!

• 1 month later...

Saw SR first time ever last night with my daughter and a couple of close friends. Indescribable, the atmosphere.

Just one observation, whatever back trouble Orri had from Valtari days, he is definitely over -- that man beat the flippin' stink out of his kit all night long, even on the track Varud.  (  ) 8 build up was just insane, even our friends who were only tangentially familiar with them could not stop talking about the show, esp. (  ) 8.

I don't see how Orri didn't go through 3 sets of drum heads on his toms, and Jonsi really seemed to be into it as well. Georg, is well... Georg. Family guy. But even on (  ) 8, he had a little jam going there.

I managed to get one of those screened cover editions of Kveikur. On a messageboard I posted for help in London if anyone was going to the Independent Market. A nice guy messaged me and told me he was going to go to see Pere Ubu and he'd go early and try to snag me one. He only charged me what he paid plus shipping. I gave him some extra money just because he's awesome. Though he'd never mailed a record before it was probably the best packaged album I've ever seen. I geek out super hard for Sigur Rós and this is the centerpiece of my SR collection.

I managed to get one of those screened cover editions of Kveikur. On a messageboard I posted for help in London if anyone was going to the Independent Market. A nice guy messaged me and told me he was going to go to see Pere Ubu and he'd go early and try to snag me one. He only charged me what he paid plus shipping. I gave him some extra money just because he's awesome. Though he'd never mailed a record before it was probably the best packaged album I've ever seen. I geek out super hard for Sigur Rós and this is the centerpiece of my SR collection.

so jealous..