The "Can Someone Try And Pick This Up For Me At RSD 2013" Thread

Since I am now living in Alaska, I don't really have a way to pick up anything.

I really would like a copy of btbam - the parallax box set and the anatomy of LP. If anybody could help me out with these, it would be much appreciated!

What part of Alaska? If you are in Fairbanks (like me) You're fucked. In anchorage, mammoth music gets some RSD releases, but they had a pretty small selection last year when I was down there. Granted, it was a week after the actual day.

i'm going to be trying my best to grab whatever extra releases i can. i'll mostly be focusing on the more limited releases for you guys on here that can't get to them (so it's likely you won't see ATDI on my list to pick up). of course, they would all be sold at cost + shipping, but i had an idea:

i don't really want it to be a first come, first serve type of thing because i want everyone to be able to put their hat in the ring if they missed the post. would anyone be opposed to a scavenger hunt type event? for example: i'll set a start time, reveal tasks, take a photo of you and random task here, and the first person to complete the task and send me the photo can pick up the release? sounds like fun to me. i'll try to throw in a free release section or two if i can, but bills and yadda, yadda. it would probably start a day or two or three after RSD. just so people can work things out with the deals they may have already made to see if they fall through.

open to ideas (ways to avoid RSD scavengers/flippers- post limits, etc)

i'm going to be trying my best to grab whatever extra releases i can. i'll mostly be focusing on the more limited releases for you guys on here that can't get to them (so it's likely you won't see ATDI on my list to pick up). of course, they would all be sold at cost + shipping, but i had an idea:

i don't really want it to be a first come, first serve type of thing because i want everyone to be able to put their hat in the ring if they missed the post. would anyone be opposed to a scavenger hunt type event? for example: i'll set a start time, reveal tasks, take a photo of you and random task here, and the first person to complete the task and send me the photo can pick up the release? sounds like fun to me. i'll try to throw in a free release section or two if i can, but bills and yadda, yadda. it would probably start a day or two or three after RSD. just so people can work things out with the deals they may have already made to see if they fall through.

open to ideas (ways to avoid RSD scavengers- post limits, etc)

The idea is neat but for people like me who aren't able to do RSD (due to moving), I probably won't have time for a scavenger hunt either.

Oh well.

open to ideas (ways to avoid RSD scavengers- post limits, etc)

For what it is worth I generally let the PMs pile up for a day and try to get records to people I actually see in threads and are generally helpful. Active members get priority, but that is far from a perfect system and isn't fair to a few lurkers that I know are solid. 

A scavenger seems like an inordinate amount of work, but I like where you head is at. 

For what it is worth I generally let the PMs pile up for a day and try to get records to people I actually see in threads and are generally helpful. Active members get priority, but that is far from a perfect system and isn't fair to a few lurkers that I know are solid. 

A scavenger seems like an inordinate amount of work, but I like where you head is at. t

thanks for the input! i wouldn't make it difficult (except for the free ones). not a full proof plan to weed out lurkers, of course, but it's something.

as of a few hours ago, my friends, who i was going to have secure some releases for you guys, may have bailed on RSD. So it might all fall to shit and i'll come up with a simple method for what i can grab on my own. 

Can someone pick up some of these for me? I can't head into the city because the recent events in Boston forced me to cancel my plans....

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Liquid Tension Experiment 2
The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die
Jimi hendrix - Hey Joe
The Lonely Island - Yolo
Phoenix - Entertainment
Iron & Wine - Next to Paradise
Pink Floyd - See Emily Play

Please PM me if you have any of these by any chance. Please!!! 

To the newer folks. Try to work out something with a few individuals before the weekend.

There will be leftovers so unless you have a specific arrangement worked out via PMs I'd wait and post extra stock you've seen on here and pick it up when you've coordinated with the buyer.

I've hooked a bunch of folks up but I've had a whole bunch of people never pay. Just let us know what your store has left and save yourself some hassle. I think it is awesome that people want to help, just don't get dumb out there.

So as it's getting closer I thought I'd post again.  I have a family affair to go to on the 20th.  I'm gonna try and pick up what I can online.  My main thing that I'm trying to scoop up is the Bayside - Live at the BSC vinyl.  I thought the Owen - Seaside and Their/They're/There vinyl might be available in limited quantities online at polyvinyl but they won't be.  If anyone would be kind enough to grab one of both, I would appreciate that.

So I just found out that I am working on Saturday and cant make it to any shops. If anyone wants to help out It would be greatly appreciated. Im looking for:

New Found Glory - Maniac

Their / They're / There - S/T

Title Fight / Touche Amore - Split 7"

If anyone is interested in helping please let me know.

I am hoping the most for Grouplove/Frightened Rabbit/Manchester Orchestra Split- Architect/Make it to me.
If someone can get ahold of any of these others for me, that would be amazing.

The Hold Steady- Criminal Fingers 7
The Black Keys/Stooges- Side by Side: No Fun
Cake- Sheep go to Heaven B/W Jesus Wrote a Blank Check
Frank Turner- Recovery
Fitz & the Tantrums- Out of my League
Mumford & Sons- Live at Bull Moose

thank you!