[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

Are Deafheaven working on any new material does anyone know?

I've though about picking up the demo 12"... can anyone comment on whether its worth owning? I listen to Sunbather and Roads to Judah regularly

To get this thread back on course, yes.  They're working on a new album, but there really isn't much info about it.  Only thing I can think of regarding it is that it won't be out on Deathwish.  They also released a song for an Adult Swim comp that was rather good.

I enjoy the demo quite a bit.  It's still up on their bandcamp if you want to check it out.

https://deafheavens.bandcamp.com/album/demo

Supposedly this year right? Thought they had something on their fb about 2015.

Correct. They posted a cryptic pic that said something along the lines to DFHVN new album 2015. 

That is absolutely all this is known at this point. And then George's comment on that interview about DW. 

Correct. They posted a cryptic pic that said something along the lines to DFHVN new album 2015. 

That is absolutely all this is known at this point. And then George's comment on that interview about DW. 

Literally 2 pages ago I posted stuff about an interview they did with the Touche Amore lead a week and a half ago or so. A couple more than we knew previously but its definitely gonna have a PO soon.

To get this thread back on course, yes.  They're working on a new album, but there really isn't much info about it.  Only thing I can think of regarding it is that it won't be out on Deathwish.  They also released a song for an Adult Swim comp that was rather good.

I enjoy the demo quite a bit.  It's still up on their bandcamp if you want to check it out.

https://deafheavens.bandcamp.com/album/demo

Yeah that Adult Swim song was fucking amazing. It sounded a lot like the Sunbather material.

For those wondering, the pink/piss-yellow edition does sound fantastic. I spin the album regularly.

I have several black 180g records from DW. Sunbather had a black pressing with silver splatter, but I don't remember if it was 180g. It used to be quite affordable, but I guess that's done.

The Black//Sliver Splatter sounds exactly the same as the Pink//Gold Splatter and the Baby Pink//Beer pressing.

And to add to the corniness of the story told before before...

I work in the extremely rich part of my city; and there's something to be said about listening to Sunbather while driving through that affluent community with the lyrics "I held my breath and a maze of wealthy homes..."

Yeah that Adult Swim song was fucking amazing. It sounded a lot like the Sunbather material.

For those wondering, the pink/piss-yellow edition does sound fantastic. I spin the album regularly.

I found that song to have a darker vibe than some stuff on sunbather, was a really awesome track though. And yea I agree on that pressing as well. As much as I wish I owned a more limited varient, I remember some peoplesaying the early batches were full of noises, pops, or skips.

Sunbather is an example of an album that should NOT be limited.

Everybody should be able to spin this on vinyl. It's too fucking good.

Deathwish does a pretty good job of keeping their material in print.  It's technically limited, but I'm guessing it'll be easily available for many years to come.

Woahhhh that's super cool. Didn't know that existed.

Also, dude.... can you upload the image from your signature?

I neeeeeed that picture, and it won't let me right-click and save here on the page for some reason, except as a .gif which is weird.

I knew I saved the original .PSD for some reason.  Re-gif'd and uploaded for you.

cQxFSL4.gif

Never mind, I got it figured out haha.

Edit: Sick thanks for the bigger version! I didn't realize the color change happened... I was like "WHY WONT IT LET ME JPEG IT, ITS JUST A PICTURE?!?"

One of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Thanks again man, this is brilliant. I wish there was a more hi-res version somewhere, to make the lines crisper and less fuzzy when it gets blown up but this still works fine :D

Stolen for my FB cover photo. Awesome.

Also, if you like Deafheaven, you guys HAVE TO CHECK this album out.

Someone rec'd it in the black metal thread here, and I was skeptical at first, but... wowwwww

Its more shoegaze/post-rocky than straight black metal, but wowwwwww this album is just sooooo deep.

One of the few things where, once it was over, it was like "well fuck, now what do I do?"

https://izahband.bandcamp.com/album/sistere

Also, if you like Deafheaven, you guys HAVE TO CHECK this album out.

Someone rec'd it in the black metal thread here, and I was skeptical at first, but... wowwwww

Its more shoegaze/post-rocky than straight black metal, but wowwwwww this album is just sooooo deep.

One of the few things where, once it was over, it was like "well fuck, now what do I do?"

https://izahband.bandcamp.com/album/sistere

That was me! Hi :)

Glad you dig it, it's really fucking good.

• Derek™ changed the title to [PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster