Remember when this forum was fun & friendly?

I've enjoyed this board for over 7 years now but the tone lately has been pretty negative . I don't post all too often anymore , mainly lurk to find out info on new releases and bust an occasional trade . I've definitely met some pretty cool people over the years on here who have the same passion for record collecting that I do.

It was a relevant topic to bring this issue up as I was agreeing with the OP and providing my experiences as well. This is called "discussion" and it is generally what occurs on "message boards." Crazy concept, I know! 

Btw, I left any names out as my intent was to agree with the OP and provide further discussion, not to call anyone out over issues that have been dealt with. The fact of the matter is that they still occurred and are open game for discussion when relevant. Just because an argument is done and over with does not mean it never occurred. But thanks for pointing yourself out.

I'm well aware of how discussions operate.  But thanks for the condescending tone, bud.  It never gets old.  The "fact of the matter" is that you could have easily said that someone [whether you used my name or not is irrelevant] jumped on you for something that was initially misread.  The whole "yeah, and when I called him on it, he couldn't come up with a response.  They never can" bullshit is what I found to be redundant.  I still think you did a lackluster job at diffusing that situation.  I.e., I may have wrongfully sparked the fire, but you sure had a funny way of trying to fan it out.  But I digress.

I don't feel like it's all the bad around here. I've never encountered negativity on here unless I've posted a controversial opinion or response about something (which I don't really do to often). With controversial opinions I expect someone will disagree and say something. It's just the nature of a conversation those who like what you say agree and those who don't tell you why they don't. That's part of why I discuss something so I can kind of get a good view on my opinion and not get to trapped up in my own opinion not to see the opinion of others and how other people's opinion may hold a lot of truth as well. I try and be cool about it and realize my views are mine and if someone disagrees that is theirs and I'm cool with that.

there are gonna be bitches no matter where you go, but I love this place; it has literally saved my life. I quit my job at a record store the day before Thanksgiving last year and have not had to get another job thanks to selling a good chunk of my collection along with other odds and ends jobs on the side here and there. This place has been my bread and butter on a day to day basis for a while now. I did eBay for a couple months, but I really enjoy being able to pass along my goodies to other people into the culture like myself and being able to strike up conversations about what people are buying. I've dealt with unhappy people and people that basically want to steal my records, but if it wasn't for this forum, then I'd either be working at Carls Jr, or something equally as unfun. VC has allowed me to further turn my passion into my living and I could not be happier.

Ignore the shitty threads about people wanting *insert pop punk album from 10 years ago here* being repressed and carry on with the Converge and beard threads.

lol my best friend

/ former roommate actually designed / upkept that board for years(dont blame him for the shitty appearance of it, thats how the owner wanted it to look)... that place is full of absolute lunatics, and trolls.

Worked for Paul Glace? Do you know that dude cashes over 90k a year in profit off of PT?

Love it or hate it (or both), that board gets more action than pretty much any message board Ive ever been a member of. Hell, even news sites like Deadspin have been known to poach stories off of PT. If its not on PT, it probably doesn't exist.

It looks like you're eating a bagel burger or something in your picture. I've never been able to figure it out.

It's a McGangBang https://www.google.com/search?q=mcgangbang&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=xYe&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=t1tkUanrC6mpyAG6qIG4Cw&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1682&bih=900

Guest Fredneck

I bet 90% of these a@$holes wouldn't be so tough if they weren't behind a keyboard. Internet muscles are worse than beer muscles. Lol.

I put a post up on the everything board asking what happened to the star wars phantom menace topic. From one of the mods. I get a pic of star wars in the search function and below stating. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. Did that buddy and I get nothing. So I pm him "tried that". His reply "that topic has been deleted". What a smartass.

I put a post up on the everything board asking what happened to the star wars phantom menace topic. From one of the mods. I get a pic of star wars in the search function and below stating. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. Did that buddy and I get nothing. So I pm him "tried that". His reply "that topic has been deleted". What a smartass.

I don't know which mod you spoke with, Dave or Jared, but maybe they didn't know that thread got deleted. All I know is that it was there one day and gone the next. At times, the admins delete or change/move threads and maybe forget to let us know in case. Shit happens.