RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

Someone offered me $56 for sigur ros while I was in line LOL.....I was like uh no, its the main album I wanted..

They can get it for cheaper than that ordering from Europe hahaha.

The only release I was interested in was the Misfits Skulls single.

Record stores are an hour away one-way. I had somewhere to be this morning, there would be no guarantee if one would still be available by the time I arrived. I cannot afford 2 hours for driving and why waste $8 on gas.

I opted a BIN on eBay for $15 plus $4 shipping. 

MichaelManfr3di and myself got in line at Park Ave at 5 30am. We got into the store around 10 30 ish. The owner told us they recieved 10-15 copies of T/T/T. THERE WERE FUCKING 2 LEFT. One for each of us!

Besides that, I got NFG - Mania on Blue which is really cool as well. Also a free RSD t shirt which is awesome. Overall, fairly successful day!

Got to Cactus Music around 3:30am, they open at 10. Was 10th in line, apparently the first two people were waiting since friday morning at 9am. Was able to get most of what I wanted, prices were pretty steep.

At the Drive-In - $39.98

Coheed Demos - $21.98

Manchester Orchestra Split - $12.98

Now Now Neighbors - $22.98

Their/They're/There - $15.98

Frightened Rabbit - $31.98

Jimmy 7" - $9.98

On their list they said they got the silverstein/august burns red split and the eisley/say anything split but when I asked, they couldn't find them.

Went to Newbury Comics in Manchester, CT. Got a bunch of records I wanted, but failed to get T/T/T, Owen, and Frightened Rabbit. So I got:

Manchester Orchestra Split

Now Now - Neighbors

Dazed and Confused OST

Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun

Phish - Lawn Boy

The Band - The Last Waltz

The Prize Fighter Inferno 10"

Touche Amore/Title Fight 7"

South Park Picture Disc 7"

Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe 7"

Not too shabby, but I really wanted those 3 records I missed out on.

Yea my copy of DMB was $94 as opposed to the $63 list price I've seen elsewhere. I was not a happy camper... But ya know... The hobby

The kid behind me in line was only there for DMB. His friend got a copy for $80 in FLA....we go in when it opened and it was $150.

He was pissed but bought it anyway. I tried to remind him $150 now is better than $500 later on ebay 

So I grabbed Husker Du for $24 at the first store I went to.  My buddy saw it for $13 at another store and mentioned to the guy it was $24 at another store, and the guy asked "which store?" and proceeded to "report them" to the RSD people.  Can you actually do that?

Isn't the Husker Du record just a repress of their "Statues" 7"?

Got:

Owen

T/T/T

ATDI

Sigur ros - Agaetis byrjun

Poltergeist

Grabbed a bayside - live for anyone that wants it at cost + shipping. Just message me.

If anyone grabs an extra hvarf heim I would love to get that. Second year in a row I missed out.

The line wasn't so bad this year. My line neighbors agree last year was way worse.

Waited in line for about 45 minutes then when I got inside picked up:

Braid - Frame and Canvas

White Stripes - Elephant

The Cure - Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me

Whirr - Part Time Punk Sessions

New Found Glory - Mania

Was hoping to get that joke South Park 7" but the place I stopped at only got one copy in.