RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

I really wish I had a legit record store around me that carried my taste in music. Needless to say, I went to Newbury Comics and picked up a the Touché Amoré/Title Fight Split and the last copy of the Their/They're/There EP. I wish I could've found the Silverstein/August Burns Red split but still a successful day.

A friend of mine in Nashville picked up TTT and TA/TF for me (my two biggest wants) so if Strictly Discs comes through on those for me (my order status is "fulfilling/in store" so who knows) then I will make a fair trade or sell the extras at cost to someone. I'll make a post in the appropriate section if this goes down.

I was 10th or 11th in line and got:

The Avett Brothers/Randy Travis 7"

At The Drive In - RoC

Straylight Run - Prepare to be Wrong

Manchester Orchestra split 12"

Justin Townes Earle - Yuma

Prize Fighter Inferno - Half Measures

And last but not least... the only copy of the Dave Matthews Boxset in the store!

Awesome dudes in line made the 5 hour wait pass pretty painlessly. Overall an awesome day!

I camped out early (first in line) at Princeton Record Exchange. I snagged a DMB boxset, Manchester Orchestra/Grouplove/Frightened Rabbit split, white stripes, T/T/T, G Love, and a few others to help some people out. 

DMB - 67

split - 12

TTT - 15

White Stripes - 25

Best Coast - 5

Too tired to compute at the moment.

Pretty much struck out today. Was 4th in line at Discland in Bloomington, MN. I think they might have had 3 White Stripes but not sure since others found them before I did. I then stopped by Know Name on the way home and they had been picked clean, although I don't think they got much in the first place.

Still looking for WS, Buffalo Killers, Buddy Guy, Testament, and Sigur Ros.

. Got there about 30 minutes early and was at the front of the line. Was not planning on it, but had my pick of pretty much anything. Got a last waltz and a white stripes elephant. Would have gotten a ton more, but that was enough money to spend for one day.

Very happy to have those 2!!

photo1tzi.jpg

Got to Flat Black and Circular at about 8:45 and was 25-30-ish in line I think. Girl two spots ahead of me got the last T/T/T and they were out of TF/TA by the time I got up there :(

ATDI - $28

TWS - $26

Manchester Orchestra - $11

Frightened Rabbit - $31

Might drop in again later after people have had some time to ask for stuff they missed out on.