RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

User: SirNonsense grabbed Their/They're/there for me!

From SRC:
Paramore - Riot!

5 LP's for $15

IIOI - Proper for $6.99

Getting ready to place another order with SRC for some 7" and slipmats.

Also gonna make a Topshelf order even though they arent having a sale. This is a great RSD even though I couldnt make it out.

So when the doors opened, they all bolted in one line toward the back and I snaked my way around the other side and managed to grab all sorts of stuff they would've otherwise flipped, probably

While I was standing in the checkout line, the people behind me were openly talking about the records they were buying that they thought go for the most when they list them on eBay.

My co-worker was there a little bit before me and grabbed me a T/T/T 12-inch and the TA/TF 7-inch, which I'm very grateful for. All in all, I think I got just about everything I wanted, minus the Frank Turner single -- which I'm not convinced even came out. I haven't seen a single person in the U.S. mention getting it.

we had them at our place

Cave In Until Your Heart Stops (Orange/Black Swirl) - $25

Botch American Nervoso (Black) - $26

No Warning Ill Blood (Red/Brown) - $23

Aidan Baker Broken & Remade - $16

Jessica Bailiff Self Titled - $12

Deftones Selections - $13

kinda bummed that i didn't get the army green variant of Botch, but i'll live

Ugh. This was kind of a bust. 

I wanted: 

White Stripes, Old 97s, Garbage, Bayside, New Found Glory, Elliott Smith, Stooges/Black Keys, Misfits/Lemonheads, Joan Jet, and Wings

The first store I went by at 11am (one hour after opening -- I work mornings) was my regular store. They had a bunch of stuff left, but out of what I wanted, only the Elliott Smith 7". No problem, because I had a second store holding a copy of the White Stripes LP for me. 

I headed to that store, got my White Stripes record, and also grabbed the "mystery" back-to-back 7" because it was literally the ONLY other thing they had left. The guy was super cool and said next year to just call or email with my list and he'll hold things on first-request-first-served basis. He also said that this year was at least 10 times busier than any previous RSD for him, and said that reserving things like that is the only way to do it given how few copies he gets and how many people show up.

Then I went by one other store and asked where their RSD stock was. The owner says...

"I'll be honest, we don't really do the bullshit limited release record store day stuff. The people who run Record Store Day aren't record store owners, they're just out to make money. I've been getting calls from SO MANY customers asking about the Dead and Phish and White Stripes and Lips releases and a bunch of others, so I just don't choose to order anything because then it just pisses off my customers when I only get a few of each record"

Then he proceeds to practically herd me over into his vinyl room where he has tens of thousands of used LPs on floor to ceiling shelves. I start to flip through a few $80 Black Flag records and he flips out telling me "Those aren't BROWSING records! They're very valuable! This Beastie Boys record is worth $500 but if you bend a corner while you're flipping through it, it'll only be a $400 record!" After I rolled my eyes at him, he says "Just tell me what you want and I'll pull the records and show you." Despite my better instincts, I asked about a Bad Religion record that I could see at the front of a stack. He grabs it and shows it to me. I start to take the LP out and inspect the vinyl and he loses his shit again: "DO NOT take the records out of the sleeves! You could damage it!"

That was when I said "fuck this" and left.

So yeah. I barely got anything I was looking for. I'm especially bummed about missing the New Found Glory, Garbage, and Old 97s records. And then having to deal with the king of the shithead record store owners. Blarg. 

Made out pretty well at Repo in Philly... it was organized chaos and I like the way they handle the line.

Got:

12"s
At the Drive-In - ROC

Big Star - Nothing Can Hurt Me

Built to Spill - Live

Mad Season - Above

Pulp - After You 

NO ALTERNATIVE

Destroyer - This Night

Upstairs... Smoke Fairies

Wire - Change Becomes Us

7"
South Park 

Nick Cave - Animal X

Shangri-La's

Husker Du

Just got back from Euclid records in New Orleans.

Got there around 9am and the store opened at 11am.

Wound up grabbing:

Grizzly Bear-Horn of Plenty 14.99$

Their / They're / There - s/t 13.99$

Braid-Frame and Canvas 17.99$

Stray light Run-prepare to be Wrong 13.99$

Botch-American Nervoso 31.99$

The Cure-Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me 32.99$

Got to Euclid Records in St. Louis around 8. Was about 40 people back in line. 

Got:

R.E.M.

Prize-Fighter Inferno

Hold Steadt

Phosphorescent

T/T/T

White Stripes

Aloha

Manchester Orchestra

Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson

Mercury Rev

Missed on:

Sigur Ros

Frightened Rabbit

Patty Griffin

Got the 3rd spot in line at 5am at The Record Exchange.

Doors opened at 8am with free coffee and donuts.

I was able to snag: 

Bayside - Live at the Bayside Social Club 2xLP $22.99

Their / They're / There - Their / They're / There 12" EP  $14.99

Manchester Orchestra/Frightened Rabbit/Grouplove Split 12" $12.99

Touche Amore / Title Fight - Split 7"  $7.99

Walla + Sombear - Never Give Up 7" $7.99

New Found Glory - Mania 12" $13.99

it's ridiculous how hard this one is to find. I haven't heard of anyone snagging it yet today. The UK reissue that came out last month is getting scarce already too.

They had a copy at CFBG in Greensboro, but it was gone first thing this morning.  I did order a copy of the ( ) repress from the uk, and it got here today, woo!